My easy FULL LED 3rd brake light mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zimeir

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
easy $28 escalade 3rd brake light build
picture.jpg
I purchase two escalade spoilers W/ led light lens from eBay just to mess around with. You get the escalade spoilers from eBay for $154.00 each. Only the center LED lights up which is normal for all. You have to take the LED lens out of the spoiler first. First attempt I used a heat gun to heat up the lens to soften the glue holding the lens to the base but even being gentle you crack the LED lens so the first was a fail. 2nd attempt I just dremel all away around the base
like this link, he gave me the ideal
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?43500-Escalade-3rd-brake-light-upgrade
picture.jpg

Once it's open. I found it easy to just drill out 10 holes on left side of the original center LED lights and 10 holes on the right side of the original center LED lights. From left to right you have 46 holes. I ran with 42 holes. You will see as you get to the end the lens, the lens is closer to the base and you need sure hands to control the drill input or you will scratch the inside of the lens with the drill bit. Only make the holes your drilling for the new led pads just big enough to fit only the square LED. Then take your hot glue gun from hobby-lobby and glue it down. The iJDMtoy LED smd lights come with like a chip as a foundation base which controls the volt input to the LED's. So only make the holes big enough to fit the led light itself. When you drop the LED into the hole it shouldn't fall threw the hole. You want a tight fit. I will purchase a light and go step by step with pics later. when you hot glue the lights in, cut your wires and run your wires like this to the end of the board holding the original LED center lights
picture.jpg
picture.jpg

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/LED-Light-Retrofit-For-Headlights-Angel-Eyes-DRL-p/35-369.htm
picture.jpg
On the Right side run pos & neg wire to the outer Right side of the board.
On the Left side run pos & neg wire to the outer Left side of the board.
When you look at the boards you will see what I mean. for me my boards wire was (pos was red and the neg wire was white). Now just solder your wires. find the same gauge wire as the LED lights if you need length to reach to the board.
Took me about two hours from start to finish first time go.
pic took with mobile phone
picture.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd