My dream truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robin Derrick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok guys, I've found my dream truck. It's a 2004 Escalade ESV. It was a repossession, it has 200k on it, the seats have the normal GM wear, but is there anything in particular that I need to look for mechanical wise?

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One other thing you should check with that many miles are leaks. Look at the oil pan and the bottom of the bell housing directly behind the oil pan drain plug and see if you see oil or transmission fluid. This could indicate a rear main seal or front input shaft seal leak. It is expensive to replace these seals do to the fact that the entire transmission will have to be removed. Also check the tailshaft seal and differential seals for wetness or leaks. These are not as expensive to repair but could be an indication that the fluid is low. If so then you should ask yourself how long and how much damage has occurred due to it being low.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Off the top of my head: Transmission, steering, oil leaks, wheel bearings, HVAC issues, cooling system issues if it was neglected, front diff noise, vacuum leaks, heated seat/memory seat, castech heads, fuel pump, water pump leaks(especially if mechanical fan), torn rear air shocks, 4wd issues including transfer case pump rub

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check all fluids (condition and level) front diff noise if any pretty common issue on the AWD Escalades, brake lines, the autoride is mostly likely shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont buy it?
Im kidding, these guys got you covered....anything you ask they are oretty good..

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought an 06 Yukon XL Denali. It was at 199k and turned over 200k shortly after I bought it. Had a guy familiar with these trucks look over it for me. Rear diff is leaking from the cover and the driver side wheel hub needs replacing. Local shop said one of the front sway bar links (driver side, I think) is worn out. So far, that's all we've really found "wrong" with my new-to-me 200k'er. Haven't checked the auto-ride on mine. Only time we've ever towed anything was when we moved 7-1/2 years ago, so honestly no reason to think we'll need the auto-ride.

Personally, I'd definitely check the fluids. They can give a bit of insight into how the car has been cared for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT