My DIY weekend adventure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNRacedoc

Reaction score
Finally had a "free" weekend, and lots of stuff on tap for my '07 XL Denali

• pulled the driver side door panel and changed both the interior and exterior door handles
  • had pulled the console door, bought a replacement leather cover, had it applied by a pro and I reinstalled it
  • driver-side moulding had let go on a recent long trip...took it all off, prepped and re-stuck it
  • replaced a failed cruise control brake pedal sensor
  • attempted to change all 8 plugs/wires. Completed driver side with relative ease. Gave up on passenger side...leaving that to a pro
Took my whole weekend, pretty much...but I feel better having taken it on and completing it myself.
Heading out for vacation this weekend...gonna do some detailing before we go, and that's all...for now.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pics aren't working....

:D

Good job :thumbsup:

al2fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and jack up the passenger side, pull the front wheel and fender liner, and that will be the most time consuming part of changing the plugs on the passenger side. If you have rear ac the lines run close to the back plug and it's a little pain, but a swivel on your ratchet and you should be able to get it out without too much swearing. No rear ac and all 4 will be a breeze.

OP
OP
TNRacedoc

TNRacedoc

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and jack up the passenger side, pull the front wheel and fender liner, and that will be the most time consuming part of changing the plugs on the passenger side. If you have rear ac the lines run close to the back plug and it's a little pain, but a swivel on your ratchet and you should be able to get it out without too much swearing. No rear ac and all 4 will be a breeze.

Resurrecting this old thread, but this is good advice. I do have rear air and the plug access on that side was a bear. Took the 4 remaining plugs and wires to the dealership and had them do it for me, as time was not on my side and I couldn't afford to mess things up as I prepared for an upcoming trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts