My Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a 2003 Denali XL the other day for a daily. It's got a few minor things that I need to fix like the gauge cluster, heated seats, and a few other minor things.
it has 216k miles on it and it runs and drives great. Any way on to the pictures.

2nw3gap.jpg
35lb29x.jpg
20p22qa.jpg
n4d3k8.jpg
15eidex.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

The previous owner put in those tail lights and put plasti-dip on the wheels. Claimed they were in near perfect condition so i decided to remove it. I got some black vinyl so i could cover up the red gmc emblems also.

t9gz11.jpg

30uwsuu.jpg

But as I figured the wheels aren't in the best of shape. Especially the RF. Looks as if someone sprayed a chemical on the wheel that stripped off the chrome plating. It sucks but I plan to change out these wheels for a new set in the spring. It's hard to tell in this picture but here is the damage.

2meyi50.jpg

axgocn.jpg

b3wm86.jpg
14b55qs.jpg

288rvko.jpg
4t4y85.jpg

Cshayes2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good! i like the black GMC thats a cool touch. but shoulda kept the rims black i liked em. but its also not mine :jester:

OP
OP
W

Wagnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good! i like the black GMC thats a cool touch. but shoulda kept the rims black i liked em. but its also not mine :jester:

Thanks man. I liked the look of the black wheels also but my curiosity got the best of me. After seeing how bad they really are I'm going to try and sand them down the best I can and spray them gloss black.

On a side note I went to the local muffler shop to have the cats removed and the stock muffler swapped out for a MagnaFlow. I still plan to put long tunes on hopefully before spring. They didn't have any exhaust tips in stock that I liked so I ordered a set and will go back next week to have it installed.
2mxrggh.jpg
237bq8.jpg

nothing fancy here just a typical muffler shop quality. Hooked up to factory tailpipe.
2cghbw6.jpg

While it was up in the air I discovered that both of the rear air bags were blown. No big deal as I plan to drop it some.
98ae6u.jpg

OP
OP
W

Wagnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing exciting but I do have a few updates. I sold the led tail lights that were in the truck when I got it and put the stock ones in until I decide on a set I want. Thinking about doing the all red with clear on the bottom.
I bought a 3/6 drop from NorCalSS and I'mpretty excited about that. Hopefully it will get here pretty soon. I also ordered a set of 24x10 U2-55s-B wheels that should be here next week. Today I got all 3 sets of HID's in the mail for hi/low/fogs. Also today I got lucky and scored an Escalade rear glass. Just got it put on and am about to wire it up.

kdqzyv.jpg

2lnuvi8.jpg

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like big plans....looking forward to the progress...nice score on the Esky back glass!!

OP
OP
W

Wagnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like big plans....looking forward to the progress...nice score on the Esky back glass!!

Nothing to major. Still have a few more things I'd like to do in the spring like a big brake kit, headers, intake, tune and I'm going to upgrade the sound system a little bit. Trying not to get carried away because this is my dailey, and I've already got 2 other cars that aren't very streetable. Yeah the back glass I couldn't pass on. Local junk yard had one in great shape that was black and I got it for a bill. So couldn't pass it up

Yeah man!

OP
OP
W

Wagnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got burned out messing with my other car projects and thought I should mess with my Denali a little bit. So a few months ago my Denali developed a upper end knock and I wasn't really sure what it was. To me it doesn't sound like a lifter tick but more like a wrist pin. Anyway I just wanted to rebuild the engine and sense this is my daily and I can't keep it down I picked up another 6.0 so I can build it. These things are worth their weight in gold right now around where i live. Sorry for all the phone quality pictures.

2wfvme9.jpg

got it cleaned off so I could get it on the engine stand.

2remya9.jpg

I got a chance to clean and polish the black paint after the snow moved out. Cleaned up halfway decent but it still needs to be painted pretty bad

168yftl.jpg

My wheels look really bad and I was tired of the chrome flaking off every time I cleaned them so I ended up plasti dipping them back black. I also took my grill out and color matched it.

2mflzxs.jpg

My cluster was pretty well spent. The only gauges that worked was the fuel level, speedometer, and tachometer.

15iutx.jpg

I ended up buying one of the 140mph Escalade Platinum clusters. I literally got it a few hours ago and it's supposed to have the led conversion but it was so bright outside I couldn't tell. I will see how it looks tonight. I'm still up in the air on it, I would have rather had white numbers and pointers with bright white led but they couldn't do that. I feel it looks to cheap/flashy.

2872adv.jpg

And I finally broke down and bought a new Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS head unit. I am more than pleased with it so far but I just put it in today too.

2qkqkoo.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts