My BlackBear post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cmc76

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should do your yukon.
I will preface this part by saying how frugal I usually am.
I dont throw money around without considering it.
Like many of you on here .I have a truck nearing 20 years old. Allot of miles.
But its still comfortable. Still looks good. And has few headaches.
The Autocal isn't cheap. But for the result. And for the customer service they offer. I would not even blink at the cost again.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, so here it is....
Got my tune files today. Install was a hassle. Im sure it was 100% my trucks fault. But i kept getting error codes.
I finally got the 91 tune in, and drove to fill up on 93 while it warmed up.
All i can say is impressive. No ********, no sales pitch. It operates totally different than stock.
I only took a short highway drive. Downshift, it is right where you want it. No hunting for gears or just adding throttle in too high a gear. And it pulls. way different. Mashing the throttle it will pull until about 6000 rpm.
I got to 95 before i ran out of room. SO ill have to test the gov delete later.
I also didnt test the sport mode, i would like to get a little used to it first.
Absolutely impressed. Absolutely satisfied customer. Like many before who said it, I wish i hadnt waited until now.
I am trying to get the intake gaskets swapped by next week. I will send a new file to Justin to see how everything is operating.
Thanks for the review. We are happy you are enjoying the tune. Let us know if you have any other questions.

OP
OP
cmc76

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the intake gaskets are done. Got the drop springs in too.
Since its snowing....again. Ill put off logging files for the day. I doubt it will make much adjustment. But this way BB can see the files without a massive vacuum loss.

IMG_20180418_083328.jpg IMG_20180418_153300.jpg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have all good things to say about blackbear as well. Justin is extremely helpful and knows his stuff. He just got an updated tune for my truck back to me but my AutoCAL is acting up which is a bit frustrating as I’m not very tech savvy. But he walked me through how to save the files he needed in order to send off to EFILive to ensure my AutoCAL is working properly and if it isn’t I’m sure he will get it handled.

OP
OP
cmc76

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mechanic thought so. I was on the fence with the smoke machine. But he seemed sure. So I did them. Should be able to tell tonight if the bank 1&2 codes are gone. In addition ill re scan and send logs .Its too icy tonight for hot laps.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mechanic thought so. I was on the fence with the smoke machine. But he seemed sure. So I did them. Should be able to tell tonight if the bank 1&2 codes are gone. In addition ill re scan and send logs .Its too icy tonight for hot laps.
When I had intake leaks after installing my blower, I pulled it and it was obvious where it had been leaking. The rubber gaskets were easy to see where the leaks had been.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie

Latest posts