My BlackBear post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So other than this loose purge solenoid. I cant find any leaks. I finally got it out .The tiny brass insert had spun in the manifold. I'm going to try to epoxy it back in. The solonoid wasn't snug .Could have been losing pressure.
And i pulledmy floor mat out. Sure as shit was blocking pedal travel. Wtf?

View attachment 196675 View attachment 196676
So, talking about a floor mats.... i took my brother’s 86 monte ss and raced a guy way back when i was in high school....i think he had a mid 80’s scirocco, iirc...i lost 2x in a row... ended up telling my brother a few weeks later and he told me to do it again but he flipped the air cleaner lid and told me to pull the mat out from under the gas pedal....never saw that little thing again....lmao...good times, good times

Edit:
Sorry, nothing to do with your vacuum leak but i found it funny....

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So, talking about a floor mats.... i took my brother’s 86 monte ss and raced a guy way back when i was in high school....i think he had a mid 80’s scirocco, iirc...i lost 2x in a row... ended up telling my brother a few weeks later and he told me to do it again but he flipped the air cleaner lid and told me to pull the mat out from under the gas pedal....never saw that little thing again....lmao...good times, good times

Edit:
Sorry, nothing to do with your vacuum leak but i found it funny....
Lol, I remember the flipping the air cleaner thing.

OP
OP
cmc76

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the air filter thing too. They used to sell a " stub stack " also.

So I got the brass insert to hold .Snugged the purge thing in. Went for a few hot laps. Floor mat removed.
I do think I was losing out on some pedal travel.
As for the vacuum. We will see what Justin says .
I have been in the market for new wheels. But now that I'm stepping on it just creating tune files .I might need headers and a cam more than summer dubs.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the air filter thing too. They used to sell a " stub stack " also.

So I got the brass insert to hold .Snugged the purge thing in. Went for a few hot laps. Floor mat removed.
I do think I was losing out on some pedal travel.
As for the vacuum. We will see what Justin says .
I have been in the market for new wheels. But now that I'm stepping on it just creating tune files .I might need headers and a cam more than summer dubs.
Hell yeah. As for the leak, it's a ***** finding vacuum leaks. There is a smoke machine on Ebay for about $100 but honestly there's YouTube videos on building one just like it for cheap. Nothing beats pressurizing the intake with smoke and then watching to see where it comes out.

OP
OP
cmc76

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about that. I do wonder if intake gaskets can contribute .I know mine need replacement.

OP
OP
cmc76

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the lean bank 1 and 2 code. Especially in cold temps. But im pretty sure I put that in my initial email to black bear. Guess I should get off my ass and do the gaskets

OP
OP
cmc76

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so here it is....
Got my tune files today. Install was a hassle. Im sure it was 100% my trucks fault. But i kept getting error codes.
I finally got the 91 tune in, and drove to fill up on 93 while it warmed up.
All i can say is impressive. No ********, no sales pitch. It operates totally different than stock.
I only took a short highway drive. Downshift, it is right where you want it. No hunting for gears or just adding throttle in too high a gear. And it pulls. way different. Mashing the throttle it will pull until about 6000 rpm.
I got to 95 before i ran out of room. SO ill have to test the gov delete later.
I also didnt test the sport mode, i would like to get a little used to it first.
Absolutely impressed. Absolutely satisfied customer. Like many before who said it, I wish i hadnt waited until now.
I am trying to get the intake gaskets swapped by next week. I will send a new file to Justin to see how everything is operating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts