My 5 Alarm Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, do any of you have any sound clips of your setup? I know it won't sound as nice as it would in person but maybe I can get a better idea of different cat back setups? I'm looking for a deep throaty exhaust note, drone doesn't bother me

I keep forgetting I have the Escalade for spare parts...the catalytic converters should bolt right up to the Tahoe correct?
I think you've heard mine before, but if not go to the bottom of this and hit the YouTube clip.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, do any of you have any sound clips of your setup? I know it won't sound as nice as it would in person but maybe I can get a better idea of different cat back setups? I'm looking for a deep throaty exhaust note, drone doesn't bother me

I keep forgetting I have the Escalade for spare parts...the catalytic converters should bolt right up to the Tahoe correct?
The escalade cats bolt right up. Take the hanger off the tranny for them to mount them correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you've heard mine before, but if not go to the bottom of this and hit the YouTube clip.

That sounds bad ass! @Tonyrodz

My other truck with catless down pipes and straight pipes sounds similar to yours...I don't think I'm gonna go too crazy on the Hoe, I just need it to sound a little louder than it is now. The muffler I have now dumps down before the rear axle and sounds kinda ******

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The escalade cats bolt right up. Take the hanger off the tranny for them to mount them correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know a lot of parts are interchangeable between the 5.3 and 6.0 but wasn't sure if the cats would be a direct fit as well...what better place to find out than here :thumbsup: Thanks brother...you just saved me a $5OO bill

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to buy 2 used cross bars for the Escalade roof rack since I threw out both sets like a dumb ass:slap: lol...I painted the cross bars gloss black since they looked pretty beat up, also hit the roof rack and the door handles with another coat of gloss black for a little contrast.

I still can't believe how many thumbs up and compliments I've been getting since painting the Hoe with herculiner lol :cool:

RK1.jpg RK2.jpg RK3.jpg RK4.jpg RK5.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne