My 5 Alarm Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks brother, it's running like a criminal after being tazed lol... I'm waiting for this ****** weather to break so I can finally tear into the heart of this Hoe, rip her guts out and replace her soul! :D

I hear ya bud, def done with winter....gotta get shit done around the house and some work on the hoe;)

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks mean dude.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016DE7C8E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
These are the brackets I used on my truck, but I have it all the way up at the roofline. I don't know how well they would work further back.

My lightbar came with those same exact brackets, problem is the new visor bulges out too much so I couldn't mount those brackets any closer than 6 7/8'' away from the front of the drip rail...mounting the lightbar that far back would of looked very odd(at least to me it did)

I spent over an hour trying to reshape the brackets with a hammer and channel locks(if I had a vise it would of made life a lot easier) but no matter how much I tried to manipulate them, the brackets still looked crooked to me.

I may just order a 54'' lightbar so I don't have to bend the brackets as much...if they make a 54''

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Bummer :/ I think if you keep it back like that a straight bar might look better. I mean if you're gonna have to make custom brackets anyway :shrug:

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer :/ I think if you keep it back like that a straight bar might look better. I mean if you're gonna have to make custom brackets anyway :shrug:

I knew I was going to have problems mounting the lightbar after installing the visor, it was something I was anticipating...my only other option would be to cut the sides of the visor to better fit the brackets but I really don't want to hack up a piece of fiberglass that cost me $500

My final option would be to remove the marker lights and try to install something similar to this

sum-480100.jpg

I have a bag full of amber LED eagle eyes so this may be another way to go...only thing that sucks is I will have a bunch of holes on the top side of the visor if I go this route

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it'll run better once those are done.

I hope so brother, I've just about replaced everything engine wise brand new...if replacing the intake manifold, gaskets and knock sensors doesn't resolve the issues, I may look into getting another '01 Tahoe with similar mileage(96k) swap everything over and donate this money pit to FDNY fire academy...I'll get to watch it burn! lol:flamingdevil:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts