My 5 Alarm Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I froze my ass off for a few hours chopping up my lower dash so I can finally install a couple of 52mm gauges along with a few rocker switches. Not really sure how I want to position everything just yet...everything is going to be wrapped in 4D carbon fiber so I'm not too worried about scratches as long as everything is smooth

Here it is with a rough cut

A3.jpg
Broke out the dremel to smooth out all the sharp edges

A5.jpg

Test fitting the abs plastic trim piece after applying lots of heat to get the top to bend and contour into the right shape with a heat gun

A6.jpg

I started caulking it into place but it started snowing again...to be continued

A7.jpg

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I froze my ass off for a few hours chopping up my lower dash so I can finally install a couple of 52mm gauges along with a few rocker switches. Not really sure how I want to position everything just yet...everything is going to be wrapped in 4m carbon fiber so I'm not too worried about scratches as long as everything is smooth

Here it is with a rough cut

View attachment 77083
Broke out the dremel to smooth out all the sharp edges

View attachment 77084

Test fitting the abs plastic trim piece after applying lots of heat to get the top to bend and contour into the right shape with a heat gun

View attachment 77085

I started caulking it into place but it started snowing again...to be continued

View attachment 77086
I really like how that's coming along. Where did you get the plastic sheet from?

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like how that's coming along. Where did you get the plastic sheet from?

Thanks, I bought it on ebay for $6 a sheet(12''x12'') I bought 5 sheets... stuff is pretty thick but with enough heat and patience you can get it to bend however you want.

BLACK ABS PLASTIC SHEET 1/8" - 1 SHEET USED FOR CUSTOM WORK ON PANNELS AND CAR | eBay

I figured since that was just dead space and I have no use for 2 cigarette lighters, might as well utilize it for something useful

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne