My 5 Alarm Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy B-Day!! I just want to make sure that it is known that I am the farthest thing from a HF fan boy!! If you find you need a new tool....just check out your local HF and see if it is one of the good one's that they sell and save a ton. I got here too late. I just read up a whole bunch about the actuator and lean conditions! You already figured it out!

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice fellas I really appreciate it, I'm probably not going to attempt the swap until we move so I can try and do it in a nice warm garage...there's no way my neighbors will go for an engine swap in the street or parking lot

In the mean time, I'll keep looking for a mechanic who's not out to **** me...this is way above my skill level unless I can find someone to help me with a lot more knowledge than me

It's not above your skill level. You can find all the info in others build threads & instructionals throughout the various forums, Like performance trucks. I would rather replace an engine than do all of the little tedious/micro/intensive LED lights & cluster mods that you like to knock out. If you can do that $hit, engine work will be a breeze. Stuff that you can get your hands around. The only thing that will test your patience & intelligence will be the technical side of it. Maybe not even the wiring harness & computers so much as the tuning. If you really want to mod it out, upgrade to the 6-speed heavy duty 6L90 & make it all "talk"
If not the 6L90, at least the beefier 4L80, which may actually be original to some Cadillac and for sure the HD pickups in a 6L combo.

Have your avatars aka profile pics ever been discussed openLy? Is the new 1 the same chick as the 1 before, or diff't?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not above your skill level. You can find all the info in others build threads & instructionals throughout the various forums, Like performance trucks. I would rather replace an engine than do all of the little tedious/micro/intensive LED lights & cluster mods that you like to knock out. If you can do that $hit, engine work will be a breeze. Stuff that you can get your hands around. The only thing that will test your patience & intelligence will be the technical side of it. Maybe not even the wiring harness & computers so much as the tuning. If you really want to mod it out, upgrade to the 6-speed heavy duty 6L90 & make it all "talk"
If not the 6L90, at least the beefier 4L80, which may actually be original to some Cadillac and for sure the HD pickups in a 6L combo.

Have your avatars aka profile pics ever been discussed openLy? Is the new 1 the same chick as the 1 before, or diff't?
I feel the same @Chubbs .... engine swaps vs little shit, i know he can do it... I really wish i had time to help him..... @Cattivo

Yes, told him months ago his avatars are the best on tyf

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm an electrician by trade so knocking out all the LED mods comes pretty easy to me but swapping out an engine is something I've never done before, I wouldn't even know where to begin...honestly, I don't even know what 6L90 or 4L80 means lol

My old avatar was actually my wife, lets just say she wasn't to happy when she saw her pic on a car forum lol...the new chick is just some random hewa :D

OP
OP
C

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel the same @Chubbs .... engine swaps vs little shit, i know he can do it... I really wish i had time to help him..... @Cattivo

Yes, told him months ago his avatars are the best on tyf

The only way I would even attempt it is if I had someone who actually knows these motors like the back of their hand...I can do simple shit but don't wanna destroy 2 engines from lack of knowledge

I've been looking around for a used duramax engine if it would fit...I've always wanted a diesel

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm an electrician by trade so knocking out all the LED mods comes pretty easy to me but swapping out an engine is something I've never done before, I wouldn't even know where to begin...honestly, I don't even know what 6L90 or 4L80 means lol

My old avatar was actually my wife, lets just say she wasn't to happy when she saw her pic on a car forum lol...the new chick is just some random hewa :D
She should be honored! It's the TYF crew!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins