my 2013 Yukon, now rough and ready!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Snipershrk

Snipershrk

Reaction score
The wheel spacers will do wonders man. Darn near took care of the roll traction control thing going off in mine. At the same time though, make sure your control arms and whatnot aren't all loosey Goosey. It'll feel like a different truck. That said I also run D rated tires for the stiff sidewalls.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Ordered rear wheel spacers, and the Pro Comp Drop brackets, thanks for the great info and part numbers. They do not carry Fabtech they said.

Spacers here tomorrow, Drop brackets won't be shipped until the 18th unfortunately.

Talking to a very good friend, who is a GM master tech, and has done probably 10 lifts on his own vehicles plus dozens and dozens for shops, said he doesn't see the wheel spacers doing much for help with my floating steering issue. This truck feels so unsafe I haven't let my wife drive it since lifting. Going to drop back off at suspension shop and have them inspect OEM parts, like pittman and idler arms, etc.

I was raised off Capital Blvd and Buffalo Road area, and then spent 15 years old + in the 'nicer' side of town in North Raleigh. Was average when my parents bought the house, but damn Raleigh real estate is out of control. Their neighborhood became the 'desirable' hood for outside the beltline. They bought the house for 179, and now it is worth about 450. I turned down a job offer to come home because the pay cut + insane cost of real estate meant I would never own a home again :(

Those brackets might show up sooner than expected. I special ordered some parts and they came within 4 days. When I lifted mine it felt way more squirrely on the steering too. I guess the track width increase makes it turn faster and it took some getting used too. Also a very good alignment helps keep it driving normal and check the caster. Those rear wheel spacers will help with the tracking since both wheels will be inline with each other. Doubt it will fix all the steering feel but make it better. Oh and these trucks don't have idler pitman, its all rack and pinion now.

Yeah tell me about the Raleigh market! Moved here little over a year ago to north Raleigh in one of those prime neighborhoods. Had to buy the house off the market at full asking price otherwise it would have been a bidding war to get it.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome truck bud. If I were to pull of the level to do a lift, this is what I'd want it to look like.

OP
OP
Snipershrk

Snipershrk

Reaction score
Not enough post to sell anything on here but if anyone would like my front, middle buckets, and rear weather tech mats... $200obo PM me. They cover the floor completely. Still look new but cut it so one rear chair would lock into the back. Cooler rode on the other side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh