my 2013 Yukon, now rough and ready!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Snipershrk

Snipershrk

Reaction score
Match up for sure but the stability factor is so much better. Better to the point that it's really not a big deal if I forget to turn off all the driving aids lol. Might feel it brake once on a quick sharp turn. Driving 59 into Freer Tx. Use to be a flipping nightmare. The truck would darn near float into the other lane if going over 60 or so. Odd, as this was really the only stretch of road that would cause that issue. Heavy inflation fixed it some and the spacers took care of the rest. Still have to run that stretch with normal inflation seeing as the mesquite thorns were sticking to the tires due to the heavy inflation. Those thorns ain't no joke lol.

OP
OP
Snipershrk

Snipershrk

Reaction score
Hmmm...

Is anyone running a front winch on their Yukon? 'Cause it's about time for mine lol if so what direction did you go? Replacement bumpers, what's out there and can you make Tahoe stuff work? Grill guard with front hitch etc. and im in dire need of hijack lift points on the front as well.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen some lighter duty front brush guards and the push bumpers for our trucks, but nothing that I would consider heavy enough for a winch. That might have to be a custom job. A prefab from a pickup should be able to be made to work.

Another idea that might open up options from trucks is a front clip swap from the pickup. Personally, I prefer the Tahoe/Suburban front clip, but it might allow you some more winch bumper options.

EDIT: There was a fab shop down around Corpus that was putting out some nice replacement bumpers for chevy and ford trucks. I would look them up and see if they can come up with something that works for you.

Also, keep the pics coming. I only get out to Houston once or twice a year to see family, and miss seeing more of the country side.

IMAG0633.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snipershrk

Snipershrk

Reaction score
Thanks, will have to look them up. I think it was something from Fab Four that I saw when I had a chance to look. Not sure I liked it much.

As far as pics are concerned... I've got lots of opportunities to get more as My truck is still stuck. It's been about a week lol kind of hit a spot and created the perfect storm. Kicking myself in the butt as this is the first time in probably 20+yrs (outside of sports cars) that I haven't had a front hitch. Funny, I always knew in the back of my mind it'd bite me in the arse.

OP
OP
Snipershrk

Snipershrk

Reaction score
The road I went in on... and it actually looks much worse in this pic than when I drove in. I dont leave ruts, my buddy does. This is after he dropped some supplies off to me. H20!! And my hi lift jack.

20160717_085945.jpg

OP
OP
Snipershrk

Snipershrk

Reaction score
I'm always out on E. Matty fishing but took a day trip for my dog. It was up in the air for her for a few days and still wasn't sure if I'd have to put her down or not. I thought at least one more trip for her and off I went. She loves it out there.

She enjoyed the day chasing birds and whatnot. As the day drew to a close I decided to backtrack a marsh road. Not long ago and Not knowing "delete backtracks" wouldn't lead me to being able to pick an area to delete. Yup clean slate. No more back roads.

So I took the Opportunity to fill in some missing data. When I go to fish I know the weather conditions/tides backwards and forwards as I go for a few days at a time. Not this day though.

Ends up we were sitting on a stupid high tide. Went to turn around and let the two front wheels drop off the road and sunk. The water table was just beneath the surface.

Enter my buddy again in the AM with more supplies... and we first try to ****** it out. I end up pulling him two tires into the soft stuff. We use everything he brought to get him out. In doing so we jacked up the road. He heads out to get more crap to use.

Not that big of a deal... right? Because of the high tide and the time it takes to get to me. the rain water that pools up couldn't sink down. As the winds shifted it pushed a 200x100yd. One Inch deep pool right towards the road. It successfully filled in all the ruts and made the whole place squishy.

As of this AM everything but my buddies ruts have dried out. I'm hoping Wed. AM will be the day. If rain can stay out of this spot that is. I have the tires all but an inch or so out of the water at this point and not sinking.

Flippin tide/wind shift/ buddies ruts screwed me though. I'm currently trying to track down as much winch/strap line as I can find to pull from dry ground. Kind of wished I had posted on the JEEP forums a lot more years ago. Probably could have come up with 1000yds of line overnight lol. This is what it turned to in about 12 hours. I'm currently in my buddies transition ruts. Everything else is dry other than where he drove lol. Own worst enemy and here's my (working great until I hit the ruts) driftwood bridge. Just warming up to tryout for the original TOP GEAR special episodes lol

20160719_164658.jpg

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Damn you real stuck! Sucks taking this long to get it back out. Give it a nice wash when its out.

OP
OP
Snipershrk

Snipershrk

Reaction score
Damn you real stuck! Sucks taking this long to get it back out. Give it a nice wash when its out.
may be out today... maybe??? Haha. It'll get washed down and I'll back off all the bolts to the suspension etc., oil, and let it sit for a day before I put it back together. People wonder why some jeeps are still out there roaming around. It's the owner and sure as hell isn't the manufacturer's ability to put out a great product. She'll get a good once over.

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW! I was going to suggest a come-along an old tire, but I think that you are be well beyond that being useful. A bulldozer or several (dozen) yards of sand?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons