My 2008 Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I finally got around to taking some photos. Tell me what you guys think:

Car: Summit White 2008 Tahoe LTZ 2WD 5.3L

Options: Autoride, Leather, Wood Grain, Bose/OnStar, Heated Front/Back Seats, Sunroof, Rear Parking Assist Sensors, Captain's Chairs, 3rd Row Seats, Factory OEM 20s

Mods:

Interior:
Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT with ND-BC2 Rear Cam/MSN Direct Tuner/HD Radio/iPod & USB Cable
Brushed Aluminum Steering Wheel Covers
6k Interior 212 SMD-LED's
WeatherTech Floor Liners

Exterior:

G4 LED Tails
30% Tint
8k HID Low Beams
8k HID Reverse Lights
6k License Plate Exterior 194 SMD-LED's
Chrome Trim on Running Boards/Rear Bumper Step Pad
Updated Chrome 2010 LTZ Body Side Molding
Matching Painted Summit White Front/Rear Bowtie, Mirrors, and Trailer Hitch Cover

UPDATE: (Newest pic taken 1/26/11)
NewestCar.gif

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I like it, looks good! Can't even think of something to suggest haha.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments everyone! Yea I feel as though I have a few more exterior mods to do: Esky roof rack, Esky rear bumper/step pad, Esky 3rd LED brake light. Let me know if you guys have any other good mod idea's!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
You know whats funny, I was going t recommend the Esky rack but I didn't want to look like a "flaw finder." That will be my next mod after a get an Audio swap going.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha yea that esky roof rack really would complete the car. I'm in the process
Of upgrading all of my led's to SMD led's also. I don't know if I got a bad batch or something but my 212 and 194 LEDs are burning out real fast. What are you doing in the audio swap? I LOVE my bose speakers with the avic-z110bt. My old tahoe had an awesome system (infinity components/kicker l7 sub/alpine 4 channel amp/lunar 2 channel amp) but I think Bose sounds just as good if not better. I could use a little more bass though : /

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Now that you mention it, non-SMD mini bulbs always blow. I went through 2 sets or regualr 194 LEDs license plate bulbs, then I got 194 SMDs in there and they have been fine for about a year now, comapred to 1 month of before.
For the Audio swap I am going to run the MTX stealth box off of my Pioneer 4200DVD HU and amp it with a Kicker 200 watts RMS amp. Should add just the amount of bass I want.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woe that is good to hear! 3 194's and 3 212's of the "normal" LEDs have burnt out for me within two weeks of me purchasing/installing them. Alot of flickering and individual LEDs out...So aggravating. I can't wait to get my SMD LEDs in. Just ordered the full SMD led set: fog lights, DRLs, 194 exteriors, vanitys, and 212 exteriors. Wasn't cheap so hope it's worth it.

What sub comes in the mtx stealth box? I was thinking of adding just an amp/sub to my setup. I want something small but powerful and will fit in a small sealed box in between my two captains chairs in the center aisle. I was looking at a 8" JL audio w7 with a mono block JL amp to go with it. What do you think?

Last edited: