RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the resistors off Ebay, 3.9 ohm 25 watt ceramic. FYI the fronts aren't air shocks, only the rear. The fronts are electronic damped which is why you need the resistors since the less expensive ones are standard shocks. If you buy the resistors you basically do away with the Z55 designation for the fronts and can buy any shock that fits. The Arnotts have a resistor pack built in which the factory plug connects to which is why they're a bit more than standard but less than factory or Monroe w/ electronic damping.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Red Rocket is right that the fronts are not air shocks, although the rear shocks are not air shocks really either.

Your front shocks are "gas shocks" and your rear shocks are also "gas shocks" from the factory. You simply have electronically adjustable valving in the front, and air bags attached which help the spring in the rear. The air bags are not shocks, more like helper springs. They just happen to be attached to the body of the shock.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want factory shocks Amazon has the fronts for $274.53 about the best price you'll find if you go that route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Red Rocket is right that the fronts are not air shocks, although the rear shocks are not air shocks really either.

Your front shocks are "gas shocks" and your rear shocks are also "gas shocks" from the factory. You simply have electronically adjustable valving in the front, and air bags attached which help the spring in the rear. The air bags are not shocks, more like helper springs. They just happen to be attached to the body of the shock.
Yes however the rear air bags allow for height adjustment as well so in a general sense they are more like traditional air shocks as opposed to helper bags.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes however the rear air bags allow for height adjustment as well so in a general sense they are more like traditional air shocks as opposed to helper bags.

Well I guess i am trying to say that they are more like springs then dampers

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I talked with 2 separate parts guys at 2 different gmc dealerships. The one i bought my truck from and another at the base of the mountain that oce done somw other bsuiess with in the past. And both parts guys say they are air shocks. Both front and rear. I also called gm parts direct while on my seqrch for the correct part numbers and the guy I spoke with there also said that both front and rears are in fact air shocks. I'm very confused. Everyone has a different answer.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
So I talked with 2 separate parts guys at 2 different gmc dealerships. The one i bought my truck from and another at the base of the mountain that oce done somw other bsuiess with in the past. And both parts guys say they are air shocks. Both front and rear. I also called gm parts direct while on my seqrch for the correct part numbers and the guy I spoke with there also said that both front and rears are in fact air shocks. I'm very confused. Everyone has a different answer.
I think they meant your front factory shocks now are air but the Arnott replacements are not air. Don't quote me on that i may be wrong.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah @kwOH , Arnott doesn't make an air shock replacement for my fronts. I called today and asked about it. But red and autumn are saying that my factories aren't air shocks.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok then show me where the front air lines are. Those guys are idiots is all I can say. If they're air shocks then there must be air lines going to the fronts just like the rears right? There isn't, just electrical connections. Go have a look.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok then show me where the front air lines are. Those guys are idiots is all I can say. If they're air shocks then there must be air lines going to the fronts just like the rears right? There isn't, just electrical connections. Go have a look.

X2 this is what the shock looks like, it's nothing like the rear shocks IMG_2288.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout