my 2004 Z71 journal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yesterday I changed the evap purge valve cause I was getting hard starts after refueling and my chest k engine light for p0171 and p0174 went away. I only did about 20 miles but so far so good. I also found all 8 Delphi injectors for $21 each but if this light stays off I'm gonna return it and get my money back. my next move is to figure out my ****** Mpg so I'm gonna change the oil, plugs and wires, and a new intake and see what happens. right now I only did about 25 miles and I already finished a 1/4 tank

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
yesterday I changed the evap purge valve cause I was getting hard starts after refueling and my chest k engine light for p0171 and p0174 went away. I only did about 20 miles but so far so good. I also found all 8 Delphi injectors for $21 each but if this light stays off I'm gonna return it and get my money back. my next move is to figure out my ****** Mpg so I'm gonna change the oil, plugs and wires, and a new intake and see what happens. right now I only did about 25 miles and I already finished a 1/4 tank
Where'd you find the injectors, what brand are they?

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull codes for abs, probably front hub assembly. If the speed sensor in the trans was bad you'ld have no speedo.
I also vote oil pressure sending unit change out first.
Cd is stuck in the head unit, try pulling the fuse to reset it. Sometimes it'll spit it out then.
Rear hvac blower motor is probably bad or has something stuck in it. Pull interior pass quarter panel cover to access.
Parking brake cable....would need to see if it is still hooked up. If it is, id pull the rear brakes apart and check shoes and adjust. Then check pedal for broken return spring. Even when working properly, the pedal will have little resistance but should feel some...
The rest of the stuff idc. Steering wheel controls/clicking sounds like bad clockspring or wiring. Would have to pull steering wheel to check. 2-3 inches of play could be a loose gear box. They have some manual adjustment that can be tightened. If its rack and pinion could be the rack...

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think those will work with a t motor you better check your vin to make sure.I looked thru ebay ton of them their but when you put in your vehicle not compatible.
I got the part number off of rockauto and ebay did say it fit my truck so I don't know. but as of right now I don't think I'm gonna install them. reason why I bought them was because a shop told me my injectors were causing my p0171 and p0174 codes but after I changed my evap purge valve the codes went away

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
I got the part number off of rockauto and ebay did say it fit my truck so I don't know. but as of right now I don't think I'm gonna install them. reason why I bought them was because a shop told me my injectors were causing my p0171 and p0174 codes but after I changed my evap purge valve the codes went away
Cool i cant believe the evap fixed both codes and the hard start after filling with gas-good job on that one.You might want to find a new shop for diagnosing your tahoe.You will save a ton of money doing it yourself and it sounds like you can do that keep it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne