my 2004 yukon xl is needing a new stance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you 4x4? Or do you have torsion Springs in the front? Mine is an 04 hoe z71. I just installed a 3 inch spacers in the rear and 3 inch keys in the front. Rancho 4 inch shocks in the rear and soon on the front. Still need to get an alignment done. I'll post pics after I get it back from the alignment. Still running stock size Nitro Tera Graphers for now. I like the stance it had where the rear was a little higher then the front so I went with the 3 inch rear. If you tow I'd stay away from body lifts. Well I'd stay away from them period. You have to relocate the bumpers with brackets and that takes away the integrity. Just sayin. I had an 02 Malibu Wakesetter 21 foot direct drive boat and found a lot of slick launches around Houston and Texas. Not gonna bore you with details but I started out towing it with a heavily modified 92 GMC pickup 2wd and found it had to get help quite a bit to get the boat out other the water. I bought a 95 Z71 pickup and never had another issue pulling the boat out of the water.

A body lift will have you relocate the bumpers but the towing receiver is mounted to the frame so it won't be relocated and you won't lose the integrity of the receiver. Just my two cents...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shahid