my 2004 yukon xl is needing a new stance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bassgas

Reaction score
The yukon seems to be bouncing a little harder not sure if shocks are bad or going bad they are not leaking. what should i do to check and what mild lift would make it look good or do i need to raise 6+ any suggestions

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2004 Yukon XL, 3" keys, Z71 springs with 2" spacers, 285/75/16's on 16x8 MB Blitz wheels (+6 offset, vs "stock" -25). 39 3/4" front fender height, 40 1/4" rear. KYB MonoMax shocks front and rear, 3" extended Jeep JK sway bar links in the rear. E-Bay fender flares (not perfect, probably going with the rivet-style with 2" coverage), 30" curved light bar recessed into the grille, 7" LED's in the stock fog locations. Six crossbars on the roof rack. Debating on removing the moldings, may be adding a 3" body lift and stepping up to 35 x 12.50 x 20 tires on GMC Sierra 20x8.5 wheels..Cleaned 4.jpg GMC wheels.jpg

TXBowtieGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you 4x4? Or do you have torsion Springs in the front? Mine is an 04 hoe z71. I just installed a 3 inch spacers in the rear and 3 inch keys in the front. Rancho 4 inch shocks in the rear and soon on the front. Still need to get an alignment done. I'll post pics after I get it back from the alignment. Still running stock size Nitro Tera Graphers for now. I like the stance it had where the rear was a little higher then the front so I went with the 3 inch rear. If you tow I'd stay away from body lifts. Well I'd stay away from them period. You have to relocate the bumpers with brackets and that takes away the integrity. Just sayin. I had an 02 Malibu Wakesetter 21 foot direct drive boat and found a lot of slick launches around Houston and Texas. Not gonna bore you with details but I started out towing it with a heavily modified 92 GMC pickup 2wd and found it had to get help quite a bit to get the boat out other the water. I bought a 95 Z71 pickup and never had another issue pulling the boat out of the water.

OP
OP
bassgas

bassgas

Reaction score
2004 Yukon XL, 3" keys, Z71 springs with 2" spacers, 285/75/16's on 16x8 MB Blitz wheels (+6 offset, vs "stock" -25). 39 3/4" front fender height, 40 1/4" rear. KYB MonoMax shocks front and rear, 3" extended Jeep JK sway bar links in the rear. E-Bay fender flares (not perfect, probably going with the rivet-style with 2" coverage), 30" curved light bar recessed into the grille, 7" LED's in the stock fog locations. Six crossbars on the roof rack. Debating on removing the moldings, may be adding a 3" body lift and stepping up to 35 x 12.50 x 20 tires on GMC Sierra 20x8.5 wheels..View attachment 80248 View attachment 80249
Looks Great BigDaddy where did you get the LEDs to replace fog lights just had a lens popped out of my stock fog lights they didn't do much anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got them on E-bay. Just stripped the factory wires, and wire-nutted them together. Others have used factory plugs and adapted them. I did space them back into the recess about 1 1/2", used some flat steel stock and made a bracket - bolt goes through one hole and through a hole in the bumper, leave that just snug. Bolt the light through the other one, then leave just snug too. Wait till night, crawl underneath and focus the lights output down, away from oncoming traffic. Tighten the nuts down, and done. Haven't had a cop so much as flash me yet, even while driving straight at them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-7INCH-36...ash=item488e86de1a:g:eHIAAOSwqBJXVaOz&vxp=mtr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons