My 2 door is totaled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

00Caddy

Reaction score
Odd your buyout was 330... my 2door yukon gt was totaled. gave me a check for 6700 and buyback was 5500. Depending on how bad it damage was it might be better to take the check and walk away from it. Glad i did.

tokedigital

Reaction score
My insurance company told me it won't be salvage title due to the truck being older than 7 years

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When this happens the Title is registered as SALVAGE VEHICLE.
David g.

Yeah, but a salvaged title hurts the re-sale. If you don't ever plan to get rid of it, who cars? Then, if it's 4WD, then it can always be used or sold as a hunting camp vehicle.

My insurance company told me it won't be salvage title due to the truck being older than 7 years

That's odd. Usually once they total a vehicle, you can only get a salvage title. Atleast until you rebuild it and get it all legal for the road.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but a salvaged title hurts the re-sale. If you don't ever plan to get rid of it, who cars? Then, if it's 4WD, then it can always be used or sold as a hunting camp vehicle.

That's odd. Usually once they total a vehicle, you can only get a salvage title. Atleast until you rebuild it and get it all legal for the road.

Ny still says salvage but repaired or some shit like that. Way Back when i had a k5 blazer that i swapped frames and title reflected that salvage /repaired but no prob registering/selling.....early 80's tho....

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, as long as you rebuild it and keep it the salvage title doesn't mean much. It's just the resale value that suffers. I wouldn't be a afraid of owning a salvage title vehicle. I wouldn't buy one, just in case I have to resell it. If I could rebuild something I own after a wreck, and it gets a salvage title I can live with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans