My 02 EU Spec Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Filip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Some of you may not know, but there was also an EU Spec of 00-06 Chevy Tahoe. Very small amounts of this truck where sold in for example Germany, Switzerland or France, being considered a luxurious, expensive vehicle. There are some minor differences - all EU Spec has tail fog lights, power leveling of front lights, additional signal lights on the fenders, an awful exhaust tip directed to the end of the bumper (having it on the right side of the bumper is illegal in EU) and an even more awful trailer hitch with a bar under the bumper. Obviously all meters are metric.

My Tahoe is one of the European ones. She was made in the USA, at the end of 2001, then she was exported to Europe and sold as new in Switzerland. Several years later, last summer, it was imported to Poland (the country where I live), by an used cars dealer. At the time I fall in love in full size Chevys, because of my holidays in the southern part of the USA. That's why I was looking for some Silverado of Tahoe and that's how I bought her.

At the beginning it was a bone stock Tahoe LT 5.3 with AutoRide suspension, about 260000 kilometers (160000 miles), in a quite good technical condition. Then I started some mods...

Just to explain it - there are almost no parts for this truck in Europe. Most stuff has to be shipped from the USA, what makes upgrading a Tahoe rather complicated. But I think it's slowly going in the right direction :)

At the front I've already got billet grille, clear parking lights, wrapped bowtie, and Pacer NNBS cab lights. At the back I've got all lights blacked with a film cover, Magnaflow muffler and some 4 inch exhaust tip, on the American side. I've also got 45 mm (1.8 inch) hubcentric wheel spacers, bought new Bridgestone tires (265/75 R16) and cranked up the front, just to level it.

Plans for the next mods are: to get rid of the AutoRide suspension, to install some 2-3 inch lift kit and to buy a bigger Magnaflow exhaust tip. Next week I'm also going to get rid of the EU Spec trailer hitch and install an American one. I was lucky to find one in Poland, coming from a crashed Yukon.

Sorry for my bad English, trying to do my best ;-)

Some pictures:

thf1.jpg

thf2.jpg

thf3.jpg

thf4.jpg

thf5.jpg

thf6.jpg

thf7.jpg

thf8.jpg

thf9.jpg

thf10.jpg

thf11.jpg

Last edited:

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting

what is purpose of bar for hitch? keep all the small cars from crashing underneath?

OP
OP
Filip

Filip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
interesting

what is purpose of bar for hitch? keep all the small cars from crashing underneath?

Honestly, I have no idea. It may be about the safety, as whole EU is crazy about safety features. Anyway - this type of trailer hitches is very popular in here, especially in light commercial vehicles (pickups, vans etc.).

Very interesting, you have an awesome looking truck.

Thank you!

Last edited:

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there was a guy doing a build thread a while ago, i cant remember the name. but he had welded up some steel that kind of hung out the back, I never understood what for exactly, but perhaps its the same type if idea? Keep a rear end collision to a minimum?

pechagto

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Filip, you got euro spec headlights?
BTW I think the exhaust tip to the side is legal now.

Tapaltak

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work and thanks that info. Looking good over there. Only been to Poland once for a quick trip to Krakow and local sights.

OP
OP
Filip

Filip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Filip, you got euro spec headlights?
BTW I think the exhaust tip to the side is legal now.

Tapaltak

Yep, they have the European certificate. That's why I didn't go for aftermarket smoked headlights. I wish I could...

When I was in an exhaust shop, installing my Magnaflow, they told it's still illegal to have a tip on the right side.

OP
OP
Filip

Filip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Exhaust tip on the right side

3a5.jpg
That's how it is in European Union. Aggressive offset, marker lights, smoked tail lights, aftermarket signal lights, the exhaust tip - if police found it, they won't let you go. Because you know, you can kill somebody with the marker lights... ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues