must have tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What to carry for spare parts and tools can drive a person crazy. It will depend on how well you keep your preventive maintenance up, how old your vehicle is, and your talents to use tools. Are the tools meant for road side repairs?

So much for the double talk. Most important is a good repair manual, a set of sockets, channel lock pliers, screw drivers, a hammer, a good LED flashlight, and a volt/ohm meter. Supplies should include a small roll of duct tape, electrical tape, an assortment of fuses, a bottle of engine oil, and stop leak.

For local driving I just keep AAA in my speed dial, and a flash light. I also keep a well stocked first aid kit and road flares.

I hope you do not mind opinions because you sure got mine. As an amateur radio operator; my go bag and tool kits over lap, so what I have in mine will not necessarily be the same in yours.

Most respectfully
Michael

taking my HAM radio exam next couple weeks. maybe well talk on the waves about tahoes lol

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on what year Tahoe you have, 03s and later moved their subwoofer from the rear drivers side to the console. The speaker hole grille is still there, with nothing behind it. I opened the lid that is above it and cut into base. I was able to create a nice space to store a 95 piece tool kit and a small portable compressor. You just have to watch the Gas filler tube that will be there but it was not a problem.

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of ya carry a bunch of tools! I have a multi-tool in the glove compartment. Anything more than that and I'd have AAA tow it home and I'd work on it there.

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on what year Tahoe you have, 03s and later moved their subwoofer from the rear drivers side to the console. The speaker hole grille is still there, with nothing behind it. I opened the lid that is above it and cut into base. I was able to create a nice space to store a 95 piece tool kit and a small portable compressor. You just have to watch the Gas filler tube that will be there but it was not a problem.
i have a 04 and i was just looking at that space and trying to figure out how to get my tool bag in it here. I was thinking of cutting a section and putting a hinge and a latch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts