must have tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always like to keep a small bag of tools in my cars just in case so I would like to know what are some must have size sockets/ tools that I should have with me at all times.? and where is a good place to keep them with limited trunk space in a tahoe

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 24" breaker bar with a 22mm socket on it stashed in the side panel where my factory jack and spare tire tools are. I also ALWAYS keep a small tool bag with basic 3/8" drive sockets and a ratchet and extension. I bring a few more tools whenever I go on a road trip. Earlier this year I drove over 3000 miles on a road trip to Orlando in my old ass Suburban. But thankfully, I did not have a single hiccup on the way there or the way back.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep a small tool box(like a 12 inch long by 6 inch wide box) in the back with if my Denali with all my detail gear. Couple different size ratchets along with standard and metric sockets, screwdrivers, pliers, need nose and regular, electrical tape, clippers. Just sorta the basics.

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds good. I just wanted to make sure cause right now my bag has a lot of BMW specific sizes. I wanna make sure if I have a problem at least I have the right sizes on me

OP
OP
H

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tech2 :)

Whichever wrenches and nuts fit the battery cables. That used to be 8mm, not sure if it still is. Until I get around to figuring all that out mine equipped with a Leatherman.

I just picked up an autel al619 for now, still waiting for it in the mail

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tech 2 with case $300 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot...fb41-4abd-bdff-cf393ccde0ee&priceBeautifyAB=4

Search the site, they can be had cheaper without the case.

That's what I bought and the price has come down since. I'm telling you fellas, it's a must have item, makes working on these trucks so much easier and less costly. Mine has paid for itself several times over already and the knowledge gained from using it allows me to help out here on the forum.

There was another tool carrying thread posted here recently but it was broader in scope than what the OP required, good reading though.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for just around town I carry a flashlight, needle nose pliers, spare fuses, flashlight, jumper cables, chain, code scanner, and a big roll of some heavy duty tape that I need to replenish, most of these items have been more useful in helping others out instead of myself, for longer trips I either throw a whole tool bag in the back or the basics 7,8, 10, 13, 15mm, channel locks, vise grip, ratchet and breaker bar, and at least a couple gallons of water. most of that stuff will fit in the jack storage compartment and/or center console.
a package of zip ties and bailing wire are probably good to have also
ya never know....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos