Motor Mount replacement - easiest approach

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have been watching same video on youtube on how to change and was so confident to change mine but detailed video doesnt have differential in the way. Now i'm nervous. I seen people discuss going through the fender to replace but would really like some type of details to make sure I dont mess anything up. Questions below:

Can I lift engine from the part right in front of where the oil filter is? Thats only spot I have access to lift it seems.

Do I just take wheel off and fender cover? That should give me full access to everything? I havent seen a video going through this process, just the after affects.

sk1dm4rk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a 2x6 under the oil pan and used my floor jack to gently lift the engine. I also had to take the steering shaft section out to allow for the mount to come out and go back in.

I used a long extension and swivel through the wheel well.

Start all the bolts a few turns before you lower the engine and then tighten them down.

On a scale of 1 to 10. I rate this a 3. Easy peasy.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How high did you lift engine?

THe steering shaft has 2 bolts, one closer to firewall another closer to radiator. The one closer to radiator seems harder to remove and based off other videos, people have been fine just removing one bolt. What size is those bolts on shaft? I tried 14 and 15 and got frustrated. I couldnt find a spot that a 2X6 would fit. I cut pieces of MDF and used to fit in a small part of oil pan that isnt touching anythign and successfully lifted engine on my attempt but felt like entire car was lifting, not just engine...

sk1dm4rk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just enough to get the old one out and the new one in. So, maybe 3 inches, if that.

I don't recall the size of the bolts on the shaft, sorry. I removed both bolts just to give me more room.

The truck may lift a little as you take some of the weight of the engine off the frame. Just make sure that you remove the bolts first. Otherwise, you may be attempting to lift the entire front of the truck. That is a load the oil pan will not likely survive.

tiktok4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any luck with anything other than OEM mounts?

Maxclass

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put a 2x6 under the oil pan and used my floor jack to gently lift the engine. I also had to take the steering shaft section out to allow for the mount to come out and go back in.

I used a long extension and swivel through the wheel well.

Start all the bolts a few turns before you lower the engine and then tighten them down.

On a scale of 1 to 10. I rate this a 3. Easy peasy.

Pictures of this process would be extremely helpful.

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
Pulling the wheel well is easy and allows you to get access to a lot

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still cringe with the thought of this install lol. Big hands matter too :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members