More questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have more questions on my kit.Its a djm 3" lca front,beltec 3-4" rear spring.
Issue in having is raodwalking and bump steer.On a smooth road it holds straight,and kind of bumps and it darts both ways..If I can't find the issue in taking it all off..Do I need to replace the stock upper control arms for the djm ones?Would that help? Maybe I got a bad Alignment but I doubt it as I can let go of the wheel on smooth road and it drives straight.Defintion of bump steer explains my issue exactly..

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be the balljoints, uppers might be worn and/or bad angles.

Could be tie rods that are worn out.

Could be a bad alignment.

OP
OP
Lit549

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks,I'm doing pitman arm Friday ,hopefully that's it..When I took the truck to get aligned the measurements in front were 31.5" (right after install).when I got it back it was 31.25.Makes me wonder if front settled after the alignment?

OP
OP
Lit549

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the front sway bar end links and bushings..I also reinspected the front end components and found a little play in pitman arm..Changed that also and it does drive better,but it still road walks a little ..Bump steer is still there but more controlled..Maybe I just need a realignment?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop