More leveling kit problems!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris73838

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As mentioned I'm my last post I ordered a 2.5in leveling kit also came with 1.5 rear spacers. Shop installed it and ended up being way high in the front so we just cranked the stock keys and it sit perfectly level but that wasn't enough lift for my 305 55 20 tires so I ordered Z71 springs and 2in rear spacers so I'd definitely have enough lift. Took it back to the shop Monday and first problem rear brake lines too short, got longer ones and thought it would be done today, wrong, shop called and said that the upper control arm was bottoming out and needed to be replaced with one designed for the lift. This seems like alot of headache for just a leveling kit type lift. Anybody else run into this? Sorry for the long post I'm new to chevys, been around superdutys alot and never ran into these problems

Last edited:

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find another shop...

Tons of guys running stock control arms on a leveling kit, myself included. Of course new upper control arms would make your angles a lot better, but are not 100% necessary.

Almost sounds like they have the aftermarket keys cranked all the way.

OP
OP
C

Chris73838

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I assume they had to crank pretty good to clear the 305 55 20 tires.

whitey hoe

Reaction score
Find a new shop,I have the exact setup as you describe and no issues w stock lines.The plastic clips /fittings that hold your lines by the axle and front hubs have to b loosened but still work.

OP
OP
C

Chris73838

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I already told the shop to order the upper control arms as they weren't too awfully expensive, hopefully this will be the last issue. Now I'm concerned that it will ride like a tank

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As mentioned I'm my last post I ordered a 2.5in leveling kit also came with 1.5 rear spacers. Shop installed it and ended up being way high in the front so we just cranked the stock keys and it sit perfectly level but that wasn't enough lift for my 305 55 20 tires so I ordered Z71 springs and 2in rear spacers so I'd definitely have enough lift. Took it back to the shop Monday and first problem rear brake lines too short, got longer ones and thought it would be done today, wrong, shop called and said that the upper control arm was bottoming out and needed to be replaced with one designed for the lift. This seems like alot of headache for just a leveling kit type lift. Anybody else run into this? Sorry for the long post I'm new to chevys, been around superdutys alot and never ran into these problems
I've got stock UCAs and 2 inch rear spacers and had none of these problems and I fit 275/70R18s which are .2 inches smaller than what you have. Find a new shop

OP
OP
C

Chris73838

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got stock UCAs and 2 inch rear spacers and had none of these problems and I fit 275/70R18s which are .2 inches smaller than what you have. Find a new shop
The width of the tire is why they have trouble clearing. 305 is 12in wide

OP
OP
C

Chris73838

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_20170413_171141357_HDR.jpg IMG_20170413_171157522.jpg here she sits waiting on control arms that are alot more expensive than I thought, over $600 cognito was pretty much the only brand we could find for just a 2.5in lift, rough country makes some that are around $250 but it says at least 3.5in lift. Which ones are everyone else buying?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14