More Headlight Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron_L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20150609_173441.jpg This was the old set with the halos. This was the first set I'd ever tried.

20170612_182248.jpg This the new set, no halos and smoked shroud.

For headlight housings I look for ones that are crystal clear, no fluting, etc. I've used a couple of different brands off Amazon with good results. I've also used the fake projectors off Amazon with no problems, I have a set in another truck that's been in there for over two years. I go to and from work in the dark 5 days a week and they've been great.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, what do you use for high beams?
Honestly, youd never really need them but the H1 projectors have a solenoid you wire up that folds down when you hit the high beams and lets all of the light out in a flood beam pattern, you can literally light up a 2 city blocks or more. I also run an led in my high beam side that really gets washed out by the projector setup, I just have it to pass inspection...I want to eventually hammer out doing a quad projector setup. I had begun one but stopped as I am more than satisfied with what i have now.

6OhDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience removing the factory Denali project and fitting one of Morimoto projectors?

I have 2 pairs sitting around still from my old retrofitting days but i haven't done a Denali set yet

73impala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience removing the factory Denali project and fitting one of Morimoto projectors?

I have 2 pairs sitting around still from my old retrofitting days but i haven't done a Denali set yet
I believe there are a few write ups on gmfullsize. I knew a few guys have done it there

6OhDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found it. Its really darn easy! I just need to get my hands on a set of those adapter plates. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14