Moog vs oem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peezer123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How many of you have used moog front hub assemblies on your 2x4's and how long have they lasted and how was the performed? Would you use oem or just go with the moog's?

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am definitely going to watch this. I researched a moog vs OEM steering part comparison and found that certain parts were great by moog and others were better from AC Delco Pro. It had to be pro though. I purchased a steering box, idler arm, pitman arm etc from Delco pro but haven't installed yet.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Timken hands down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

Peezer123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Moog used used to be dependable but apparently they've been outsourcing and the quality of some of their parts has gone to complete crap.
I just looked up the timken and they only have one year warranty the moogs have a 3 year?

1992rs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just looked up the timken and they only have one year warranty the moogs have a 3 year?
The best warranty's the one you don't have to use. I would be quite aggravated if I have to tear apart my hubs again due to a ****** build, regardless on the warranty, not to mention the down time if it's my daily driver because with my luck they would have to order it.

And to answer your question, From my recollection timken specializes in bearings, races, and the like and that's most of their business. Moog specializes in making parts for damn near every vehicle, which can lead to the quality vs quantity analogy. Moog makes some good stuff no question about, but sometimes they have their design flaws. I remember when rebuilding the steering rack in my third gen, all the aftermarket idler arms on the market (because moog makes them for everyone) were bent at a different angle and would cause terrible wandering and the only option was to order an AC Delco.

Just some food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk