modded 2012 Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

niely

Reaction score
Hey all,

This is my first time on the forums. I live in Fort Wayne, IN. My name is Dan and I daily drive a 2012 Yukon XL. This is a list of things I've done to my yukon and i'm sure i've missed something along the way, but you'll get the idea:

121,*** miles (daily driver), Silverstar Ultra headlights, Morimoto XB Led Fogs – which are amazing,
15% tint, Dual Flowmaster 70 Series, K&N Blackhawk Kit, Front Adjustable (lifted 1 inch) Bilstein 5100 shocks with Rear Bilstein 4600 Shocks, Eibach Anti Roll Bar Kit R&R Front & Rear Sway Bars/links,
Kooks LT Headers and Kooks Catted Y Pipe, BTR Stage 1 Truck Cam/Valvespring/beehive springs/lifter trays/DOD delete/pushrods/gaskets/oil pump/timing chain, Port/Polish Throttle Body, NGK TR6 Plugs,
CeramicPads all around, Heise LEDlight bar behind front grille, 285/55/20 BF TA KO2’s,
20” Snowflake rims, JL 10” Stealthbox under middle console, Component set of HybridAudio speakers up front, Alpine KTP-445A for my components, JL Audio MX300 to power the Stealthbox, Debadged,
Painted GMC emblem on grille to match color of truck, Interior LEDlights, LEDbulbs in brakelighthousing.

Most importantly: Dyno Tuned – 381 HP and 425 TQ @ the wheels - which is necessary trying to drive a almost 6,000lb vehicle LOL

What should I do next?

Heads, Torque Converter or FAST/bigger TB?

IMG_20180125_163046.jpg

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome! truck sounds nice man.
i put a 3k converter from circle d along with a trans cooler in when i did cam swap in mine to try and get it moving. stock stall on mine flashed at like 1500rpm tho

jackD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How’s the fuel mileage ?

I did a resto mod on my 89 Mustang GT with 80 lb injectors and supercharger and it gets 6-7 MPG haha I can’t do far before need fill it up again.

I’d love my yuk to have about 50 more Hp I also have an XL and you have to put foot into her to get her rolling more than I like.

jackD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You need mud flaps I got the GMCblack ones and they do a good job keeping crap off the sides.

OP
OP
niely

niely

Reaction score
welcome! truck sounds nice man.
i put a 3k converter from circle d along with a trans cooler in when i did cam swap in mine to try and get it moving. stock stall on mine flashed at like 1500rpm tho

Thank you. OH really so not the results you wanted obviously, or so it sounds. Did it help get it moving at least or didn't notice a big dif?

OP
OP
niely

niely

Reaction score
How’s the fuel mileage ?

I did a resto mod on my 89 Mustang GT with 80 lb injectors and supercharger and it gets 6-7 MPG haha I can’t do far before need fill it up again.

I’d love my yuk to have about 50 more Hp I also have an XL and you have to put foot into her to get her rolling more than I like.

I bet that mustang moves though!
Yes, agreed about the yuk. Although it's much better than stock now.

OP
OP
niely

niely

Reaction score
You need mud flaps I got the GMCblack ones and they do a good job keeping crap off the sides.
I'm not sure I'd like the look of them, as long as they don't hang down so low - however on the other hand the 285's might rub then

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. OH really so not the results you wanted obviously, or so it sounds. Did it help get it moving at least or didn't notice a big dif?

nah its all good, needed it. I wasnt sure what engine yours has...if it is the 5.3 i think it already flashes at like 2400rpm - and i wouldnt waste my time swapping.
I was pretty dead set on regearing to 4.11s before i realized the stock 6.2 converter was so low to begin with. I did everything all at once so hard to really tell what helped more.

OP
OP
niely

niely

Reaction score
nah its all good, needed it. I wasnt sure what engine yours has...if it is the 5.3 i think it already flashes at like 2400rpm - and i wouldnt waste my time swapping.
I was pretty dead set on regearing to 4.11s before i realized the stock 6.2 converter was so low to begin with. I did everything all at once so hard to really tell what helped more.

Gotcha. Yea mine is the SLT = 5.3...thanks though, that's good to know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01