Missing features

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me I sometimes used to lock my keys, wallet, phone etc in the truck as I didn't want anything on me when doing certain activities. Also I used to leave the the keys in the car with it running and lock it when I ran into a store or drop off a redbox etc.

Interesting. You can leave your car running (not sure why you’d want to?) even if you leave the car with the fob in your pocket.

As for the other times when you want to leave the key fob in the car, I gotcha.

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. I'd use it all the time. In the winter months I'd lock my key in the car so I could snowboard with reckless abandon, and in the summer months I would lock the key and phone in the car so I could raft/kayak with reckless abandon.

DaBigBR

Reaction score
I wish you could configure the storage pocket behind the radio screen to not open when the ignition is off. I'm aware of valet mode, but turning that on and off isn't very practical. I can't see the need to open it with the ignition off being very likely, but on the other hand, having it inaccessible while unoccupied seems very useful.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish you could configure the storage pocket behind the radio screen to not open when the ignition is off. I'm aware of valet mode, but turning that on and off isn't very practical. I can't see the need to open it with the ignition off being very likely, but on the other hand, having it inaccessible while unoccupied seems very useful.

I'd like to try working on this but I cannot find a decent schematic for this particular function/circuit.

I know how to remove to cupholder section (it just pops up), how do you remove the panel with the heater controls (just pops out too?)?

Last edited:

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few cool features that are on our MKZ that I would like on our Denali. . .

Don't know the tech term, but our headlights move. As you go around a corner, the headlights move to put the light beam in the direction you are turning.

Voice activated climate control. No need to take your hands off the wheel.

Schedule a remote start on a regular basis at specific time i.e. When you head out the door after work, the car is already running. You can set it for certain days of the week.

It's crazy what tech they keep adding to cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the BMW the moving headlights were called Bi-Xenon Adaptive Headlights like this video demonstrates;

However as the old saying goes, be careful what you wish for. I had those on a 330cic and was pleased with them. That is until something went wrong with one of them. Apparently since the headlamps move BMW had a problem with the wiring harness attached to them caused the plastic covering to wear and eventually fray. This led to exposed wires touching each other, and shorting out. Thus when I got the bill to fix my headlight(15 bucks do it yourself on my Sub), it was over $1k. Yep, over $1 friggin K to replace one headlight out, with everything from the bulb, ballast, igniter, adaptive motor, housing, and wire harness.

I totally agree on the A/C voice commands, as it makes to sense not to have that feature.

`

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Agreed
Especially if you would like to or need to leave a firearm in the vehicle.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed
Especially if you would like to or need to leave a firearm in the vehicle.

I have a great idea, I just need to get access to the area behind the pushy-switch (or the BCM)

I figure that the switch just grounds one wire going to the BCM. I want to just put a magnetic reed switch inline with that wire, mount the reed switch behind some panel or the cubby then, you just leave a magnet in place over the reed switch. The dash switch will work as normal, remove the magnet, no

I'm on this...

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you want a keypad? You can just open your door by putting your hand on the door handle...What am I missing?
Not everyone has a proximity key. My Ford Fusion SEs have the key pad and it is nice -- although I usually use the key fob.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would love some lighting on the back door once it's open. Had rear door open last night putting baby stroller away in a dark parking lot and it was hard do see. Pretty easy for them to just add an LED somewhere. :)
My tailgate area has a light in the ceiling. Are you looking for something more?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep