Mishimoto 1999-2014 GMT800/900 Performance Radiator R&D

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Just a heads-up that we will be ending the pre-sale and releasing this radiator this afternoon. Now is your last chance to get this rad at the discounted pre-sale price!

Thanks!

-Steve

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

The pre-sale for this radiator has now ended. If you'd like to purchase this radiator, check out our site or keep an eye on our distributors' websites.

Thanks!

-Steve

JKChad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I see Mishimoto incorporated the engine oil cooler line ports. My 05 Tahoe has the heavy duty tow package, came with the factory external trans cooler which I've upgraded. I don't have the factory engine oil cooler lines though. I see rockauto offer's 2 compatible replacement line kits for my truck. So, do you all know if I would be able to get the oil line kit and hook it up?

I tow a 25' travel trailer that's around 4600-4800lbs loaded. The with the beefed up transcooler, I've never seen my trans temps go above 170ish towing, normally they sit around 140-145 depending on the outside temps. However, last weekend I had to cross over Monteagle Mountain. It's not really a mountain, but still has a 5 mile section with 6% grade during portions of it. I manual downshifted to 2nd and needed very little throttle to maintain speed around 50mph, but my RPM were around 3100-3200. Around a mile or so in, my engine temps start to rise and hit 225 degrees so I dropped in behind a loaded semi and slowed down to his pace of around 40-42 mph. The temps peaked around 228 and then dropped back to 222-224 for the remainder of the hill. The Truck has the 5.3(non-flex fuel), 4x4, LT, with 3.42 gears and has around 148k miles. It's still on the original radiator, water pump, and tstat. I'm thinking it's time to do an overhaul on the cooling system. I run Mobile 1 sythetic, but I'm right at my 4k mile oil change. I do know my oil levels were good as I had just topped off the fluids a week prior. Just almost seems like the engine temps came up from the RPM's and not so much the actual load on the engine. Either way, i'm thinking y'alls radiator would potentially kill 2 birds with 1 stone, so to speak, if I could install the engine oil lines and utilize that along with the increase cooling capacity of the new radiator.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Hi!

Thanks for your interest in our radiator for your truck. This radiator is an excellent upgrade for towing and other higher load driving as it's increased capacity will help your engine maintain the optimal temperature for longer periods of time. As the oil cooler connection built into our radiator uses the same quick-connect fittings as the OEM oil lines, adding that to your truck should be a simple adaptation with a set of new factory lines and possibly new factory fittings at the block to open up the housing. We have had reports of other customers adding that on with the OEM parts previously with no trouble as well so it should be a fairly straightforward upgrade. If you're doing an overhaul on the system and looking at things like a fresh thermostat etc. we also have low-temp versions for the LS blocks which open sooner and kickstart the system so it is flowing sooner and preemptively begin cooling as well. Beyond that, we have a variety of universal parts for oil cooling as well, so if you were in need of an external auxiliary cooler for that, we'd be happy to assist there as well.

Feel free to get in touch with our customer service team and we'll be happy to work with you on your current use and future goals for the truck and get you pointed in the right direction for some parts to have it perform well and stay reliable for you.

Thanks,

Mishimoto CS.

Mechanic421

06 Denali XL
Reaction score
I have this radiator in my 06 Denali XL lots of mods , south Florida heat,2200-2400 stall converter that makes lots of heat pulling my 5500 lbs 7by16 cargo trailer (large brick). Definitely keeps my temps under control but I was feeling it should cool better though, so yesterday I took my grill off and wow both engine and trans temp dropped drastically! So my question is who makes grill inserts for these trucks?

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
I have this radiator in my 06 Denali XL lots of mods , south Florida heat,2200-2400 stall converter that makes lots of heat pulling my 5500 lbs 7by16 cargo trailer (large brick). Definitely keeps my temps under control but I was feeling it should cool better though, so yesterday I took my grill off and wow both engine and trans temp dropped drastically! So my question is who makes grill inserts for these trucks?
Now that's a neat finding. I've always wondered how that big bar w/ the chevy logo would affect these rigs - especially since that's right in front of the trans cooler.

I'd think a coarse mesh would work best. Something like this

81ttXHrFCtL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

upload_2019-9-25_13-43-30.png

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Any more info on these radiators? What is the lead time for these?