Misfire issues on 98 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erockwell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having a bit of a dilemma here. I have a 98 Yukon and back in January it started missing. I replaced the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor, and it worked fine for a while. A few weeks ago, it started missing again, this time much worse. I replaced the O2 sensors and that didn't fix it, so I took it to the dealership to have it diagnosed. The dealership said that the distributor and the injectors were bad. I replaced the distributor with one from a salvage yard, and upgraded the old spider to a brand new AC Delco MFI system. I just finished replacing the injectors yesterday morning. I cleared the codes and took it for a drive. It all seemed fine, and ran much better (no more hard starts and better acceleration), but then I noticed a slight hesitation and sure enough it showed the same misfire code. At this point I feel like I've done everything I can.

When I put the intake back together I noticed a few things. One is that one of the screw holes on the new distributor is stripped, and the cap wouldn't tighten down all the way, so I'm wondering if a slightly loose cap could be having an effect, and I'm also wondering if the plugs could have gotten messed up while the engine was missing really badly and if I should replace them again. I didn't replace the MAF senor when I did the O2 sensors, and I'm wondering if I should have. I'm also wondering if I should take out the salvaged distributor and replace it with a new one. I found a good deal on one through Amazon. The last thing I've been noticing is a popping noise when I make a hard turn while driving slowly. I don't know if this has something to do with a ball joint or CV joint or if it's something else.

Knowing all that, is there anything else that could be causing this slight hesitation after all the work I've already done? This is my only vehicle and I have to get to work every day, so this needs to be resolved ASAP.

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne