Misfire back with a vengeance.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

no cigar

Reaction score
Got a load of Delco stuff coming this evening. Cap/Rotor/OEM Iridium plugs/Wires and a new MAF and coil.

Holding my breath that this fixes it.

OP
OP
N

no cigar

Reaction score
Tech ran a relative compression test and all was well on that test.

So today I replaced plugs, wires, cap, rotor, solenoid, and MAF. All parts OEM Delco, MAF was Delphi redesigned.

Absolutely no change in idle/drive. Engine shakes the entire truck and wants to die when shifting into reverse. When I was doing the cap/rotor, I made sure to try and wiggle the dizzy and it was nice and tight. Plugs were all gapped at .060 out of the box.

Fuel pump, filter, and redesigned Delphi spider were done in Summer 2015.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the dizzy and check the gear for any wear, if it’s got significant wear or missing teeth then that may be your problem. Also even though you’re tech checked compression you may have a cracked head or blown head gasket. Sometimes they don’t show on a compression test because the engine isn’t under the constant pressure of it running, but Usually when you have two cylinders next to each other showing as misfiring that’s the case. Also check valve lash you could have a couple of collapsed valve springs. I only bring up these since you’ve replaced all the easy stuff and I’ve been there done that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

no cigar

Reaction score
Just an update. Won the idiot award.... #5 and #7 plug wires crossed. Replaced those two plugs with new iridium and runs like a champ. Now on to the EVAP code which I'm sure is the vapor line from the canister to the intake. It has a broken quick disconnect.

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update. Won the idiot award.... #5 and #7 plug wires crossed. Replaced those two plugs with new iridium and runs like a champ. Now on to the EVAP code which I'm sure is the vapor line from the canister to the intake. It has a broken quick disconnect.

HEEEEY, welcome to the Idiot Club! Where we’ve all been there, done that, and screwed the pooch at some point in our lives.

DILLY DILLY!!!