Mirrors 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metalmaniac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I asked some time ago about upgraded LTZ mirrors on my 15 suburban LT. I was curious about the puddle lights. I had an LTZ in the past and was wondering if it would be a cost effective venture. I now am also asking if its possible to add the side mirrors with obstructed view capabilities. The option that I am referring to is when a vehicle approaches from the side, the mirror lights up, telling you that a vehicle is in your blind spot. I have the sonar in the rear bumper I don't have sonar in the front bumper, I do however have some sort of collision avoidance in the front, because if I get to close to a vehicle in front of me it alerts the driver on the dash and vibrates the seats. It also vibrates the seats when you sway from the lane you are travelling in. I assume the sonar is in the windshield by the rear view mirror. Anyways I am not sure if the items that I mentioned are standard or options. I was just curious if it was possible to add the blind spot option. Any feedback from you would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks in advance gentlemen

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

sam123

Reaction score
So, I asked some time ago about upgraded LTZ mirrors on my 15 suburban LT. I was curious about the puddle lights. I had an LTZ in the past and was wondering if it would be a cost effective venture. I now am also asking if its possible to add the side mirrors with obstructed view capabilities. The option that I am referring to is when a vehicle approaches from the side, the mirror lights up, telling you that a vehicle is in your blind spot. I have the sonar in the rear bumper I don't have sonar in the front bumper, I do however have some sort of collision avoidance in the front, because if I get to close to a vehicle in front of me it alerts the driver on the dash and vibrates the seats. It also vibrates the seats when you sway from the lane you are travelling in. I assume the sonar is in the windshield by the rear view mirror. Anyways I am not sure if the items that I mentioned are standard or options. I was just curious if it was possible to add the blind spot option. Any feedback from you would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks in advance gentlemen

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I don't think adding blind spot detection (BSD) is going to be cheap. You'd probably have to add new radars into the back bumper of the car on the left and right, find some way to wire them up, and have them communicate with new mirrors you'd have to install. The sensors you have right now in the bumper and the camera in the windshield do not deal with BSD at all.