Mirror switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if you have to remove the drivers door panel on a 2015 Yukon/Tahoe to replace the mirror switch or can it be replaced without removing the panel?
Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found out myself -

To remove the door switch plate on a 2015 Yukon/Tahoe

Using a flat-bladed plastic trim tool, start at the front of the accessory switch mount plate and gently insert trim tool to lift the front side door accessory switch mount plate...to remove switch(s) release plastic tabs on sides of switch and pull switch downward.

Attachments

• door switch removal 2.jpg
    door switch removal 2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
OP
OP
G

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Switch & Power folding mirrors on order and will be installing on my 2015 GMC Yukon SLE 4x4

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Switch & Power folding mirrors on order and will be installing on my 2015 GMC Yukon SLE 4x4

Nice

Serious question though (for those thinking of purchasing 2015+) Why get an SLE and start converting to a SLT? Are there certain options you wanted/didn't want and are just going to upgrade what you wanted? Didn't have an SLT to choose from?

OP
OP
G

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice

Serious question though (for those thinking of purchasing 2015+) Why get an SLE and start converting to a SLT? Are there certain options you wanted/didn't want and are just going to upgrade what you wanted? Didn't have an SLT to choose from?

In my case we live in Phoenix AZ (think hot!!!) and we can not stand the leather so wanted cloth which is much cooler. We did the same exact change on our last Yukon SLE which we bought new in 2007. I also have to remove the 3rd row seats and did not want any connectors or plugs to contend with.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my case we live in Phoenix AZ (think hot!!!) and we can not stand the leather so wanted cloth which is much cooler. We did the same exact change on our last Yukon SLE which we bought new in 2007. I also have to remove the 3rd row seats and did not want any connectors or plugs to contend with.

OK. I did the same with my 07 Yukon. Didn't want some of the Denali things, did want some of the Esky things, so I just upgraded a few things from the each I wanted.

jhughes11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is this complete? Did you have to have the dealer flash the passenger switch?

Thanks.

OP
OP
G

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this complete? Did you have to have the dealer flash the passenger switch?

Thanks.

I only had to replace both mirrors and the drivers door switch on my 2015 Yukon and everything works except the puddle lights, was plug-n-play!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts