MBPR S5042AL Catback on 2007 Suburban LC9 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
Finally got a cold start sound clip of my MBRP Catback on my Suburban.

I absolutely love the sound of the exhaust, quality of material and the simplicity of installation. I was really debating between this setup of a Corsa Touring catback and I can say that I'm 100% satisfied with my choice of the two. The MBRP has a very deep and throaty sound to it however is nice and quite while cruising as does with Corsa but with a huge fraction of the cost!

I highly recommend this catback if your looking to add some serious sound without breaking the bank :)

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice deep tone. Got any rev clips by chance? Link to the setup you got?

That sig pic of Kenny Chesney waving the Pirate Nation flag looks like when he came to Tortuga Festival in Fort Lauderale back in 2013.

@DaRosa218

OP
OP
DaRosa218

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
This is the exact setup I am running and ordered it via Amazon prime, as soon as I can get my GoPro charged up I'll get a couple cold start, driving, acceleration, revving as well as a warm start for you.

I honestly have no idea for the Kenny Chesney picture, I found it one day and loved it so made it my Sig Picture :)

Here's the link for the exhaust: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003U94FN6/ref=ya_st_dp_summary

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx man. That is a good price for a bolt on catback. Be interested to hear your other sound clips when you get them posted. Would you give it 2 thumbs up so far for quality, sound and ease of install?

OP
OP
DaRosa218

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
Absolutely, I was very impressed by MBRP's Quality, sound and ease of install and not to mention their 3 year warranty. I'm debating on having the catback welded instead of held together with clamps since my Brother is a Welder/Fabricator.

I'll try and get the videos posted up today for you :)

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@DaRosa218

Awesome man! Sweet video. Sounds even better sitting in my truck over the stereo. Thx for putting that together.

Now to convince the little lady that she needs some growl on the long body.

Any noticeable drone or resonation inside other than WOT, which she rarely punches it?

Thx again. Good reference for anybody else looking at something like this for exhaust change out.

OP
OP
DaRosa218

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
Not a problem at all!

It does have a bit of drone because I still have DOD active, it's mostly noticeable at 70MPH and above. I honestly don't mind the drone at all but I've always had louder trucks with Mud Tires, LOL

Soon she'll have a Black Bear Tune and will Disable the DOD/AFM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons