May have blown transmission or TC today- suggestions on rebuilds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
The 4L60E is the same regardless of whether it's in a minitruck or a fullsize...as you stated, different stall on the TC is the only difference.
As far as years, there were some changes depending on the year. A 99 Tahoe has the latest and greatest 4L60E. The LS motors got the 4L65E.

OP
OP
bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 4L60E is the same regardless of whether it's in a minitruck or a fullsize...as you stated, different stall on the TC is the only difference.
As far as years, there were some changes depending on the year. A 99 Tahoe has the latest and greatest 4L60E. The LS motors got the 4L65E.
Bahahaha, latest and greatest! Love it... Awesome, thank you very much.

OP
OP
bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting a 4L60E and transfer case with 60K miles for $500. Also found out that Cylinder 4 is low on compression, about 60 lbs.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
[QUOTE="bigfootchiro]Bahahaha, latest and greatest! Love it... Awesome, thank you very much.[/QUOTE]
Glad I could bring a smile/laugh while being helpful. ;-)

[QUOTE="bigfootchiro]Getting a 4L60E and transfer case with 60K miles for $500. Also found out that Cylinder 4 is low on compression, about 60 lbs.[/QUOTE]
Nice score on the transmission find (hope all goes well with the swap and post-install behavior).
Sorry you're having compression issues...

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At Moroso... uh, Palm Beach International Raceway. It's on the Beeline in Jupiter just south of Indiantown Road. This coming Saturday there's trucks only drag racing night. Some of the guys couldn't make that one so we met up last night. One of the guys is a regular there and I'm sure we'll be back out in January.

OP
OP
bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At Moroso... uh, Palm Beach International Raceway. It's on the Beeline in Jupiter just south of Indiantown Road. This coming Saturday there's trucks only drag racing night. Some of the guys couldn't make that one so we met up last night. One of the guys is a regular there and I'm sure we'll be back out in January.
Definitely! I live in Palm Springs. How much to play? I won’t be up and running for next weekend, plus we will be in Fort Myers going through the Edison Home Christmas lights. Next one after will be in January?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely! I live in Palm Springs. How much to play? I won’t be up and running for next weekend, plus we will be in Fort Myers going through the Edison Home Christmas lights. Next one after will be in January?

$20 to race, $10 to watch. Test and Tune nights are Fridays usually and some Wednesdays. Have to check their calendar and then we'll work it out. I miss the Edison and Ford museums, haven't been there in ages, decades!

OP
OP
bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$20 to race, $10 to watch. Test and Tune nights are Fridays usually and some Wednesdays. Have to check their calendar and then we'll work it out. I miss the Edison and Ford museums, haven't been there in ages, decades!

That’s not bad at all. Not sure if I’ll be able to beat on this trans, but might give her a go. Used to be able to chirp 1-2 shift with roads just slightly wet.

You should go check it out! It’s not that far away

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972