Matt00 2003 Yukon build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
matt00

matt00

Reaction score
What's the tire size? Do they rub at all? Did you make any suspension adjustments?

315/70/17. I trimmed on the plastics a lot, still have a couple of small spots I need to finish trimming. It only rubs whenever the suspension is maxed all the way out.

I didn’t do anything to the suspension, but within the next few months I’ll be buying AT LEAST a leveling kit.

OP
OP
matt00

matt00

Reaction score
I didn't realize until now its been over three months since I lasted posted! I also didn't realize not much has been done since these last few posts. I've always loved lifted trucks with huge mud tires and loud engines but whenever I started working with people that drive lowered, quieter, big wheeled and fast trucks I started getting swayed to that side. I have always thought lowered trucks were ridiculously ugly until that point. (I've also came to the realization that just because something is ugly to me doesn't mean someone else hasn't put tons of time and effort into it). After 3 almost 4 months of having huge tires, being loud, slow and not doing anything to my truck because I hated driving it I have finally decided I want to change it up, pretty drastically too. I don't plan on lowering it a huge amount, but I want to drop it 2-3" inches in the rear and de-crank the torsion bar back to stock maybe a little lower in order to level it after I drop the rear. I am going to be buying another lower valance/ air dam/ whatever you want to call it and possibly another set of running boards. (I shot myself in the foot because whenever I first got my Yukon I ripped the running boards and lower valance off because I wanted it to look more lifted off of the ground). Sucks. To kick off my old but new and improved build, I traded wheels and tires with a buddy at work. My 315/75/17's for his 275/60/20's. I had stock 1500 HD wheels on BFG A/T's, he had 20" BOSS (307 I think) wheels. He painted them whenever he first got them and they are starting to chip. I talked to my boss about sand blasting and it just so happens that he owns one himself. He told me to come over sometime and I can do it myself instead of paying someone to do it. I also understand that whenever I do that the chrome will be un-polished and I'll then have to repaint them myself and I will hopefully do a much better job than my friend did. I can already tell that this is a much smoother ride and I am enjoying being in my vehicle again! (Part 1)

OP
OP
matt00

matt00

Reaction score
I've decided I want to start on externals first seeing as I spend more time thinking about the outside than I do the inside.

First on the list is lowering the rear, de-cranking the torsion bars and immediately after I do that I will be getting an alignment. Next on the list will be a front valance with fog lights and definitely get the all on bright mod (possibly color matching the bumper (???). Sometime this month whenever I am off and so is my boss with the sandblaster I will be blasting my wheels and then repainting them a glossy black. I'm still deciding if I want to get running boards again but I will probably end up getting some. I definitely want to get my front windows tinted (maybe match stock or get all around dark(er) tint on all of my windows). Sooner or later I'd like to get all around LED lights like I've done on the interior. (Today I removed the tow hooks and as soon as I can I will be removing the tow hitch because I know that I will never pull anything.)

I don't want to add to much because I'll never focus on one thing. There ya go!

This is as she sits:

IMG_0308.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan