Mals' 2005 Yukon Denali Maintenance / Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mals

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet. Coming along nicely.

Thanks. Not quite the level of your recent brake job, but I'm doing what I can on a tight budget.

My backing plates on my nbs were pretty much nonexistent, I actually had to grind them basically the rest of the way off...

Yeah, I would like to have pulled the axles and replaced them with AC Delco OE backing plates, but since I just serviced the rear diff a few thousand miles ago with a new seal and a couple quarts of Amsoil I decided to do the workaround and use the two piece backing plates that should just slip around the axle behind the parking brake bracket. Hopefully they hold up, and aren't so thin that they bend and make contact with the rotors.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks. Not quite the level of your recent brake job, but I'm doing what I can on a tight budget.

Yeah, I would like to have pulled the axles and replaced them with AC Delco OE backing plates, but since I just serviced the rear diff a few thousand miles ago with a new seal and a couple quarts of Amsoil I decided to do the workaround and use the two piece backing plates that should just slip around the axle behind the parking brake bracket. Hopefully they hold up, and aren't so thin that they bend and make contact with the rotors.
I was going to use the 2 piece ones too, but gave up lol, I read somewhere someone said paint them to preserve them a little longer.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I used them (Dorman) ; they seem to be good quality to me. We don't use salt here but even if we did, I'd be comfortable with them. Pretty solid and seemed to be painted good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike_16_denali