Major Transfer case problems maybe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chetrick87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 hoe with about 132k on it . Yestersay i backed out of my driveway and heard like a loud clunking/ metal clicking noise for a second. The noise kept happening everytimr i took off from a start, made turns, and went into reverse. The noise was extremely koud and it kind of felt like it was jumping. At first it sounded like it was in the front but then it became more obvious it was the rear. I dropped it off at the shop. He hasnt had a chance to really get into it but he is thinking transfer case? Any thoughts and opinions???? About a month ago i had the rear diff fluid changed and the front. And it has always made a hunning noise when i am giving it gas over 50 mph

OP
OP
Chetrick87

Chetrick87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mechanic thinks it has to do with the chain in the transfer case but willl not be opening it up until tomorrow

Tim Quigley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm.. i had all my internals of my transfer case go in my 12.... im still ocvered under the GM power terrain warranty. but im worried i have a set of XD wheels on it that i have to get off to get it towed to the dealer. The symptoms i was having were loud tire hum from the back, axle was locking up when going around turns.

06 Yukon XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2006 had a cracked internal case in the rear diff with those symptoms.

OP
OP
Chetrick87

Chetrick87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turned out that the Spider gears in the rear ddiff are shot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01