Magnaflow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My setup will be a bit different since I have a Suburban 2500 and a 6.0L, but I am happy with the Magnaflow 14151. My mid pipe is 3.5" and the tail pipe is 3" factory, so I went with the 3.5 in and out and welded a 3.5 to 3" reducer. It has a single chamber and Amazon says it's a 20x9x6 oval. It was shorter than stock, but I forget the actual difference in length. I still have the primary and secondary cats.

Normal driving it's relatively quiet. My wife and I can have a conversation with out being drowned out by the exhaust. I will occasionally get some burble when coasting. The exhaust note is a rich deep rumble with no rasp and will get loud with spirited driving.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a random question. I haven't really looked under the Hoe, so I don't know.

Why does everyone choose the offset muffler?

Why not center in and center out?

Thanks

The factory muffler is a center in/offset out arrangement so getting the same arrangement in an aftermarket muffler makes it more of a direct replacement. You could get a center in/center out muffler, but you'd have to have the muffler and/or a piece of pipe welded in at an angle or use an offset pipe. Having the aftermarket muffler match the original arrangement is much more convenient and cleaner.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory muffler is a center in/offset out arrangement so getting the same arrangement in an aftermarket muffler makes it more of a direct replacement. You could get a center in/center out muffler, but you'd have to have the muffler and/or a piece of pipe welded in at an angle or use an offset pipe. Having the aftermarket muffler match the original arrangement is much more convenient and cleaner.

Gotcha, thank man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbr1287