MadDog's 02 Tahoe LT "Bertha" build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MadDogDelpho

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Yeah I had some wrangler duratracs which is very similar to the trail hogs and I loved those.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
You're build is coming along nicely brother...just don't do what I do and go balls to the walls modding too many things at once, next thing you know that image in your head has become a reality, you quickly get bored with the Hoe and begin to stray and look at other Hoes lol;)
I can relate to this. Dating not trucks :word:

OP
OP
MadDogDelpho

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
So today I took her to another mechanic for a second opinion. The 4wd problem was simply a blown fuse (which I couldn't find evidently), and in addition to the ABS controller (which they can have refurbished for $665 :eek:) I have a vacuum leak (so I'm running lean) and my knock sensors and harness need to be replaced. After telling him about how I had replaced my transmission on my '96 2 door, he said he had full confidence that I could do everything myself. So one Saturday soon I'll fix my knock sensors, install new gaskets, clean my MAF, and, while I'm in there, maybe install a catchcan. And then I'm going to get the ABS controller refurbished for $50, and install it myslef. But I'll save about a grand by doing everything myself, which is nice.

OP
OP
MadDogDelpho

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Ok I need some advice. I found Kanati Trail Hogs on eBay for pretty cheap, and I love the look of them. I'm just debating on getting 33s or 34s, because I really like the stuffed look on these trucks and 34s would look really good, I think, but there's a $150 difference between the two. Has anyone run 34s with just a 3" lift on here?
IMG_2140.PNG IMG_2141.PNG