Luxury Package worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today's cars are now like Cell phones, every 6 months there is some improvement making the last one obsolete...just saying, but seriously it is amazing how much these vehicles now cost out of the box, and I think it is honestly worth it to bite the bullet and pay a bit more for the loaded model, otherwise you are still paying top dollar for a new version, but without some of the luxuries you are buying something that is 10 years old. When I bought my 2011 Suburban I bought an LT that was a nice truck, I liked all the painted parts...no chrome, it had black leather, front monitor, dvd, 2nd row buckets, back up camera...so it was fairly loaded, what I failed to notice was it had no seat heaters, and no automatic trunk closer which were on the LTZ. I honestly hated not having those features...well at least the trunk closer, the wife hated no seat heaters. When I starting shopping for the new truck last year I did my homework to make sure it had everything. Back in the day I should have bought a LTZ even though it had all the chrome crap on it, I could have just painted all that. The 17 I bought is a loaded SLT with everything except the Denali emblem and motor, but the towing capacity was more on the 5.3 and the sticker on the truck I got was already $71k so getting an $85k Denali was pushing it. I have no regrets, the SLT I got had everything I wanted except for the Xenon lights which I upgraded to LED that produce the same lighting. Go for the Luxury! Cheers!

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today's cars are now like Cell phones, every 6 months there is some improvement making the last one obsolete...just saying, but seriously it is amazing how much these vehicles now cost out of the box, and I think it is honestly worth it to bite the bullet and pay a bit more for the loaded model, otherwise you are still paying top dollar for a new version, but without some of the luxuries you are buying something that is 10 years old. When I bought my 2011 Suburban I bought an LT that was a nice truck, I liked all the painted parts...no chrome, it had black leather, front monitor, dvd, 2nd row buckets, back up camera...so it was fairly loaded, what I failed to notice was it had no seat heaters, and no automatic trunk closer which were on the LTZ. I honestly hated not having those features...well at least the trunk closer, the wife hated no seat heaters. When I starting shopping for the new truck last year I did my homework to make sure it had everything. Back in the day I should have bought a LTZ even though it had all the chrome crap on it, I could have just painted all that. The 17 I bought is a loaded SLT with everything except the Denali emblem and motor, but the towing capacity was more on the 5.3 and the sticker on the truck I got was already $71k so getting an $85k Denali was pushing it. I have no regrets, the SLT I got had everything I wanted except for the Xenon lights which I upgraded to LED that produce the same lighting. Go for the Luxury! Cheers!

I completely agree. It's interesting that once you experience certain features, you can never go back to not having them. Backup camera, parking sensors, heated (and cooled!) seats...

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I completely agree. It's interesting that once you experience certain features, you can never go back to not having them. Backup camera, parking sensors, heated (and cooled!) seats...
Cooled seats for my double extra fat is a plus LOL! But the best invention is the automatic trunk closer, I feel like Wally (the movie where the world became fat and lazy) LOL sometimes with the luxuries, but for the damn money it costs for these trucks now, may as well be driving a Bentley! HAHA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe