Lug Nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... yes, lug nuts. Put White Knight lug nuts on with new wheels in August, and they're already rusted. I used my Jeep when the roads were crappy this winter, so its not like they were salt baked either.

So.... for fear of having the same issue with another set, what lug nuts have you guys used with good results, specifically in Northeast type climates?

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So.... for fear of having the same issue with another set, what lug nuts have you guys used with good results, specifically in Northeast type climates?

The factory polished lug nuts on my 2005 spent most of their lives in CT, and the past winter up here in Mass and look practically new. A quick search on ebay, and it looks like you can get a set of 24 OEM take offs for $50 or less.

OP
OP
Matt_

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting option.... I'd have to see if they'd fit in the bore of the aftermarket wheels though.

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting option.... I'd have to see if they'd fit in the bore of the aftermarket wheels though.
Actually, I missed that you have a 2500 so you would need 32. Also, the ebay search I linked to was for the 14x1.5 thread on the 1500s. I don't know off hand if you have the same thread as us 6-luggers.

OP
OP
Matt_

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, I missed that you have a 2500 so you would need 32. Also, the ebay search I linked to was for the 14x1.5 thread on the 1500s. I don't know off hand if you have the same thread as us 6-luggers.

No worries, they are the same thread... I just have more of them. And luckily I can count lol;)

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like hte Gorilla spline lock lug nuts
\
not sure how they'd hold up in snow & salt though