LT265/65/18 BFG KO2s on my Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donald

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Love them, have them on my 2006 Yukon Denali XL and they ride quiet and provide amazing grip wet and dry.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone have a pic of these on 'regular' chrome rims? Not sure if I want to go with black or chrome...My winter setup is black and I usually keep my summers on chrome...

novemberr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep the air pressure up in them, 40+ to 50 psi for a 1/2 ton chassis or they will wear quickly. I fooled around from 30 to 50 psi and 50 is best. 42 psi is the minimum amount to exceed the rear axle capacity on mine. Still wore a little too quickly at that setting.
It says 44psi max on the tire. Will 50psi blow up?

novemberr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yong, we're talking about an LT (Light Truck) tire, not your P-Metric tires which is what originally came on these trucks. In your case, go by the door sticker for air pressure and you'll be fine.
I'm sorry for mixing up the topic. I'm running 40psi on mine regardless.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it used to be mine. one before it was a 97 3500 4x4. ran that one up to 175,000 miles in 5 years, sold it bought the 03 2500 hd both were green too, both ran the same wheels and tires. 97 was woodland green, the 03 polo metallic green. both were W/T trucks, vinyl seats, no power any thing. all i cared about was a tow package and snow plow prep with a locker rear. only options they had was cruise and cd players and ac. no frills. the worst was the 03 i thought the center seat folded down to a console, so wrong it was fixed lol

i had to sell it when gas broke 5 a gallon 8 years back. in reality i just didnt need a truck any more. as much as i loved it the 8 mpg and 34 gal tank was killing me.

it was set up for roofing repairs, had racks and all that crap on it, then come winter i plowed with it. i left roofing went into truck driving only thing left to do was snow plowing and id had just about enough of that crap. plowed for 20 years or so, all blood money. sold it and the plow. bought the used regal thinking i got a v6 gas saver,,,,oh wait its got a supercharger, yeah ill take it lol

8 years later i was missing a truck pretty bad, so i finally found this tahoe i got a few months back.

other then long over needed maint needing to be done asap i got what i wanted. and shocks and brakes only ran me 500, so not to bad of hit right off the bat from purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne