Vortec 454/4L80e HD swapped 1999 Tahoe OBS

6.0 Carb Conversion or Stay EFI?

• Carb Conversion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't hurt to try any and all cam manufacturers. Jeff will get back to you, just might take a day or two. And thanks, I'm good other than the stress of it all. This is my second so I already have my practice marriage out of the way. :) It's the planning, dealing with family, and the cash I keep having to fork out that's stressing me out. But like you said, 11 more days and all this crap is behind me.

Jeff got back to me very quickly with a price and even sent me the pin-out diagrams for my swap! I will definitely be buying his bracket set when he gets them back in stock. I just realized, when you said "head pipes off a 2500HD," did you mean the factory Y-pipe?

Haha, hey, we all need a little practice sometimes, right?! Just imagine, once the cash stops flowing toward the wedding, you can divert the flow toward your build :chewie::happy175:

OP
OP
bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:happy175: I'll update you guys as it goes along, but I still need to buy about another $1000+ in parts, so unless that tax refund check comes soon, I'll have to buy the parts over the next month or two.:violin2:

SWSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:happy175: I'll update you guys as it goes along, but I still need to buy about another $1000+ in parts, so unless that tax refund check comes soon, I'll have to buy the parts over the next month or two.:violin2:
Haha, I truly get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the list I've compiled thus far:

Upper/lower coolant hoses
A/C bracket (I can do without AC for now, but girlfriend hates not having it haha)
Water pump
Idler pulleys
Full gasket set
Flywheel spacer
Cam
Springs
Fluids
Front/Rear diff service
Possible rebuild on NP246
Exhaust

If anyone has any of these parts they wanna sell me, I'm all ears!

OP
OP
bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will the LS 6.2 intake work on the 6.0? Dumb question, I know. Just found one on Craigslist for $100

Can also get my hands on an L92 truck intake for $75

OP
OP
bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.0 question!!! Benefits of carb conversion vs EFI. This EFI **** has been a PITA, and carb would be much easier to work with and setup; however, fuel mileage may suffer with carb. Give me pros and cons and try to sway me one way or the other! Started a poll at the top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14