Lowering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raul Martinez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi you guys ....
I have a 95 Tahoe 2 door 4x4 I want to know if I lower it 2inches front 3inches in the back will the drop hurt the 4x4 axel or the suspension... let me know thanks...

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your 4x4 will be fine. 2/3 isn't a huge drop. Most kits will be a tb key up front and a spring in back, and some shock extenders.

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OBS have leaf springs in the back if I'm not mistaken. So being 4x4 it would be torsion keys up front and probably the easiest way to go 3" in the back would be drop shackles for 2" and removing the block.

but to answer you main question, no you shouldn't have any issues. Like stated above its a small drop and 4x4 will function as it should

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd ask why you're lowering a 4x4. Seems unproductive for a: being what you want the truck to be b: counterproductive to 4x4 functionality in general.

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd ask why you're lowering a 4x4. Seems unproductive for a: being what you want the truck to be b: counterproductive to 4x4 functionality in general.
Because he happens to have a 4x4 and wants to be lower?
Wtf, you want him to sell his truck for a 2wd because he wants a 2/3?
There are a million awd/4wd cars out there much much lower than a hoe with a 2/3. They work fine.

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My 08 was a 4x4 put a 2/3 on it and achieved everything I wanted a: slightly lower better looking stance (IMO) b: still had perfect functioning 4x4 and never got stuck in any sort of bad weather

Why are there so many people that think lowering a 4wd is the worst sin in the world? Hell people lift 2wd all the time

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was just a question guys. Un-clench your fists, geeze Louise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne