Lowering on stock 20" tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram396

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Whats the lowest you can go and still use the stock stock 20" wheels and tires without any clearance problems? Thinking about a 3/4 drop.

Jibee

Reaction score
I love the ride. Definitely stiffened it up and took alot of the sway out of it. No regrets at all.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I love the ride. Definitely stiffened it up and took alot of the sway out of it. No regrets at all.

I assume you did the free travel mod?

Do you or did you have the autoride rear suspension/air shocks?

If so did you keep it functional?

Also I assume you did spindles to get 2" drop was the other 2" accomplished with springs or struts?

Jibee

Reaction score
Yes i did the free travel mod when I went from 4" drop to 6" drop in the rear. I see absolutely no way I'd ride without it being this low.

It had factory autoride which I got rid of by switching to Belltech drop struts and Belltech shocks in the rear. I also wired in some resistors and pulled the fuse for the compressor.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Yes i did the free travel mod when I went from 4" drop to 6" drop in the rear. I see absolutely no way I'd ride without it being this low.

It had factory autoride which I got rid of by switching to Belltech drop struts and Belltech shocks in the rear. I also wired in some resistors and pulled the fuse for the compressor.

Do you have any rubbing issues on any of the tires?

Does the rear ever bottom out on the frame when hitting bumps?

Sorry for all the questions but I am considering this for my Burb with the factory 20's.

Jibee

Reaction score
Rear tires rubbed slightly on the inner plastics. Just a small amount of trimming needed. Nothing major at all.

It never bottoms out and I drive it pretty hard. It isn't babied. That's one thing i wanted to make sure of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout