Lowered our 15 Tahoe 1"-2" but have a question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cdearth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So we lowered or 15 LT with the Crown 1-2 kit. Rides great and like the look however the passenger side rear sits a 1/2" higher then the drivers. I'm curious if this is common, or is it something with the springs. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 190

dageaux1209

Reaction score
My thoughts would be that one of two thugs is happening. 1. The spring isn't seated perfectly in the spring bucket on that side (Not likely) 2. The springs could just need to settle. It usually takes a few (3-4 days) to settle to where they will stay. When did you do the install?

OP
OP
C

Cdearth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installed about 3 weeks ago. I will check how it's seated in the morning. Thanks for the ideas.

dageaux1209

Reaction score
Let us know what you find. I'm sure most people don't really even check the numbers after the install. Mine sits dead level after it has settled but I used the McGuaghy's level kit.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the "chevy lean"

You gas tank is on the drivers side going down the frame rail, so The drivers side will sit lower than the passenger side.

There are little things you can do to fix it, like adding/removing the rubber stops above/below the springs, but every GM truck & SUV has it going back to the 2000 SUV

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You cut off 1/2 inch from pass side and reweld it. By shortening the endlink will suck that side down and make it sit even. I did this on my escalade and other suvs where the owners were upset on the lean no matter what.

Charlie Gulliver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So we lowered or 15 LT with the Crown 1-2 kit. Rides great and like the look however the passenger side rear sits a 1/2" higher then the drivers. I'm curious if this is common, or is it something with the springs. Thanks in advance.
What size wheel and tire?

GusSanchez300

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony I bought the short links as you said for the 3/6 drop kit, do we still have to cut the end links and how safe is that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts