Lowered my blacked out 2013 Tahoe LT today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

natural_one

Reaction score
How do you cover those holes if you take the roof rack off?

I found some flat push in hardware (almost like a screwcover) at homedepot and siliconed them in to be water tight. I then used touch up paint to match to paint them. If you're in a lifted truck, you can see these little "dots" where every screw was, but beyond that you cant really see them.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
what kit did you use on the truck?

looks like 35.75 from ground to fenderlip in front and 36.5 rear

OP
OP
CTLT13

CTLT13

Reaction score
This thing is sooooo dope.

Also your tails are tinted perfectly.
I've put it on with 3M tint with the help of a heat gun, local shops couldn't guarantee because of its shape so I did it myself, came out perfect. Taillights and 3rd break light.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Looks good CTLT13!! Entire windshield tinted?
I forgot what it's called but it's not a regular tint. I get melanoma on either L arm or top of my head (fair skin and bald head) once or twice a year. That's why I got it. The film is similar to sunglasses but it blocks UV at 70% not 99% as sunglasses do.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

You murdered that thing out. Ride looks great
Thank you!

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

what kit did you use on the truck?

looks like 35.75 from ground to fenderlip in front and 36.5 rear
The salesman said the brand was Mugen. He used 2" shorter spindles in front & springs, spindles, shocks, extender for the rear. It's 2/3 drop.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

I found some flat push in hardware (almost like a screwcover) at homedepot and siliconed them in to be water tight. I then used touch up paint to match to paint them. If you're in a lifted truck, you can see these little "dots" where every screw was, but beyond that you cant really see them.

Thank you for your suggestion!
When did you do that your Tahoe? Have you seen any leaking or rusting since? Since you've done that project, have you come up or have you seen any other alternative to cover for the holes that you think you should have done? Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

Very nice! next for me would be no roof rack or a blacked out esky roof rack. Love the look man!
I'm thinking about the doing no roof rack, but the only thing stops me is that if I cover the holes, whatever I put on to cover the holes will be seen.
I don't want to put any other roof rack. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

looks good

Thank you Nathan.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can you measure it from ground to fenderlip all around? im curious on what it measures

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts