Lowered and other mods in my 5 weeks of ownership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rich16LTZ

Reaction score
Traded my beautiful 2015 6.2 Silverado LTZ 4x4 for this 2016 Tahoe LTZ 4x4 in late August. Updated a few things. Added a Volant CAI, Mishimoto catch can w/stainless lines, Esky engine cover. Color matched the engine cover and coil covers and front bowtie. Removed the rear bowtie. Vinyl flag decals on both back windows. Day 1 19 Aug 17_2.jpg Lowered2.jpg Installed Tony NorCalSS 2/3.5 lowering kit with airbags. Very happy with how it looks now. Probably will have to go another inch or two though. Next spring I hope to add 24's.
EngineCover2.jpg catchcanline.jpg Sep16th17b.jpg

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Did you take the emblems to a shop or did you do it yourself? I bought some color code rattle can from two different vendors but since mine is the Iridescent Pearl Tricoat it never came out even close. Was too yellow and not pearly at all. Also looked at dang near every wrap trying to find something close.

Also where did you get the emblem for the Cadillac cover?

OP
OP
Rich16LTZ

Rich16LTZ

Reaction score
Looks good! Did you take the emblems to a shop or did you do it yourself? I bought some color code rattle can from two different vendors but since mine is the Iridescent Pearl Tricoat it never came out even close. Was too yellow and not pearly at all. Also looked at dang near every wrap trying to find something close.

Also where did you get the emblem for the Cadillac cover?

Thanks. Painted the bowtie and covers with GM rattle can for that color code. Used a couple primer coats on the covers but just painted right over the gold on the bowtie. Engine cover emblem is a wheel center cap with the nibs shaved off. Matches my factory 22 wheel center caps.....from eBay.....$12.00 I think.....dealer wanted $42.

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you going to do sways? I went with the Hellwig 7685 front sway and Hellwig 7740 rear bar for my 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ.

The sways made a HECK of a lot of difference. The weight of the bars compared to the stock was staggering. The Tahoe feels more like my 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged and is just PLANTED to the ground. I was very surprised that the ride quality was not impacted as much as I would have expected.

The one thing i did after the fact was add grease zerks. I was just going to drill and tap the hellwig bushings for grease zerks but found a set of Hotchkis bushings and brackets with the zerks already in on ebay for 20$ so snatched those up. For the rear end-links i just drilled and tapped the Hellwig ones for zerks but i think Norcal sells DJM ones that are already tapped.

I also added Moog front stabilizer bar links (K700538) to replace the stock ones but i didnt lower the front any. I think Tony used and maybe sells some adjustable ones you could use.

Hellwigh also stated that Hellwig 7799 spacer kit was required since I have a 6 speed auto but to my surprise it was NOT required for the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ. I had a TON of room without using the spacers so I left them off.

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks really good.
nice custom touches, especially the flags

also +1 on sway bars... Hotchkis or Hellwig

another thing, if you are considering going lower.... get the 24's first. ;)

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice with the color matched parts and lowered.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sep16th17b-jpg.183843

Looks like you're from God's country also. Truck looks nice, hope to see if around one day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts