Lower thermostats, really needed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
redline makes " water wetter " similar to purple ice, ect.

it is just a wetting agent,

DAmn BRain fart....cannot remember the terminology rite now.....

it does work, it will lower temps a few degrees, if one want a slightly lower
coolant temp with out the effects of a lower t stat, this would be a happy medium.

OP
OP
JennaBear

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ah ok, yes I have heard of water wetter. I think Justin has used it on our vehicles in the past.

DennisW1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Question: what do you think about this product called "Red Line"? Does it rally works in V8 engines. I have previously own 4 and 6 cylinder vehicles and I have seen good results.
Thanks.

I think you're refering to Red Line's "Water Wetter". It claims to help water transfer heat better. I've never used it so I cannot comment on whether it has any benefit or not

aflumb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used it on my WRX as the turbo is water cooled. It works great. But it's not meant to be used in cold climates. The reason is ur suppose to drain ur system and use just the water wetter and water only. No coolant. So u will run the risk of freezing hour system . But it does drip the temps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question: what do you think about this product called "Red Line"? Does it rally works in V8 engines. I have previously own 4 and 6 cylinder vehicles and I have seen good results.
Thanks.

Water Wetter by Red line. I used in my track car, and it did wonders. I tried in my Cummins diesel and didn't see any results that would make me buy it again.
If you want the best cooling you can get, ditch water all together and use Evans coolent. make sure you flush the system first with Evans Pre Flush.
it only runs about $42 a gallon.

02gmcdenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The exceptions to this would be the 8.1L and the 2500HD 6.0L that do heavy towing; they have design flaws.

What exactly do you mean by design flaws? The 8.1 is a Gen VI big-block and the 6.0 in the 2500hd is the same 6.0 that's in the denali yukons. I personally have a 04 2500HD 6.0 and there isn't a design flaw present. Truck has never overheated no matter how hard I run it or when I have towed.

OP
OP
JennaBear

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it is a design flaw so much as the setup does not take into account the high oil temperatures that arise as a result of heavy towing. Those high oil temperatures yield higher than expected oil vapor content, which results in a damaged MAF sensor more often than not. The vast majority of owners have no idea whatsoever that they have a very critical sensor that is reading 15-25% off.

tazjamin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about the 6.2l in the denali, i just bought a 160 thermostat but now since i read this im holding off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts